• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I can't emphasize this enough here.

If you're going to have booby traps around your property, you can't EVER change your routine. And when setting them, use heavy duty quality parts. Don't go cheap to save a buck. Overkill..Overkill..Overkill... If you HAVE to use that rattrap shotgun trick, for God sake, modify the NEW traps (not old traps) by replacing the u-nails with longer ones then bend them in the back. Whenever setting traps, don't set them with real charges until you are a master at setting them in practice.

If you have kids, pets, you drink, do drugs or don't have a clue to what I'm talking about, just don't do it. AT ALL.

Never get comfortable and never change your routine.

I lived in the bush with a bunch of nam vet neighbors for a few years. I learned a lot. And I also learned what NOT to do by example. You don't get second chances with traps like this.

"Please hurry, I'm gonna die," he could be heard saying. "I'm gonna die. I'm in the driveway, I'm gonna die. Just tell everybody I love them, OK?"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-ca...f-with-booby-trapped-shotgun-911-call-reveals

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    If you live in Somalia or Syria fine. If you live in the United States and think you need booby traps you either need to move or get professional psychiatric help. Just my opinion.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Out in the sticks it's a different country.
    Sadly I think Booby traps are illegal and hes lucky he hit himself instead of someone else even a criminal. He could lose everything he owns otherwise. Hopefully he lives and learns from this. I dont tjink hes a bad man simply for having Booby traps but I agree with dead duck completely
    Know what you're doing and dont deviate from your routine and maintain your ****.
    I do not have any traps set up. But if I lived in the sticks and didnt have kids I cant say I wouldnt be tempted. Tempted doesn't mean actualy doing it. I wouldnt want some dirt bag taking my lifes work on a technicality nor would I ever want to hurt a truly innocent person like a kid who was just out being a kid and exploring, like I used to do as a kid in the country and woods.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm telling you man. . . . .them freakin' squirrels. . . . . if it ain't a freakin' boner drone or a trooper stealing my wallet it's the freakin' squirrels. . . . . .they're after my nuts I'm tellin' ya!:tinfoil:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    boobytrap-backwards-10-guy.jpg

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Reminds me of the guy whose neighbor was stealing his firewood. He was going to hollow one out for a stick of dynamite.

The rest of the story; he had a fatal heart attack within days of this brainstorm. I always wondered if his plan came to fruit.

The guy was a champion BSer, but none the less it's an interesting story. (RIP Pie Face)

Top Bottom