LEO's have my utmost respect! Your job is tougher than I ever realized.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Early This morning a neighbor of ours lost their mid 20's grandson to an apparent accidental overdose of prescription Medications, (I like to make the distinction that it was not "street" drugs). I lost my own son to alcoholism in 2007 and I was way to focused on our own greife to notice, as I should have been. But this morning when I went over to my neighbors to offer what help I could because I know their pain. The IMPD Officer that was tasked with staying behind until the Coroner arrived came over to where I was trying to console the grandfather as best I could. He informed him of what would take place next. As I listened to the officer I could tell he was fighting back his own tears. I have alway know that being a LEO was difficult all the way around, but this was the first time I really could see how much things like this affect them. I Know that I could not take the day in and day out stress having to go to calls like this. Our young people are killing each other and themselves at an alarming rate. That is all over the news every day. However not much is said about the toll it takes on our police that arrive at the scene. I guess many of us just think that Itty Bitty shield they wear protects them from everything they encounter or their training keeps their emotions in check, but today I know that none of that is true. So to all the LEO's out there I give you a GREAT BIG INTERNET BEAR HUG for those crosses that many people have no Idea that you bear. Again I have the Utmost respect for the job that you do and I hope that I never get angry with another officer that pulls me over, or one that seems to have an attitude for some reason. Because I can never know what kind of call you may have just come from. STAY SAFE OUT THERE!!!

Top Bottom