• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    I Have lots of Antique glass,most is fenton.
    I have blue,yellow custard and blue custard and a few other types.
    All are like vases,figures and baskets and such.
    These where my mothers collection and no one in the family want them.
    We are trying to figure out where to sell them.
    There are about 200 pieces.
    Any ideas on what to do with these?
    Thank you!

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Wow, no one in the family wants them? I've seen Fenton Glass offered in the book of faces Marketplace and on Craigslist, don't know how they faired as far as sales. The best advice would be to educate yourself on what similar pieces are going for. A few visits to a variety of antique shops will tell you what the local market is. If you think there may be real value, perhaps an appraisal would serve you and the family best. I was fortunate to inherit some pieces from my mother-in-law and my grandmothers, wouldn't part with them for the world but admittedly my kids don't have the same interest. I'm sure they are beautiful.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I always wondered how I'd find out my mother died :):
    Kidding. She has 30 or so years of it stocked up. Big pieces too.
    So there is crap Fenton and there is valuable Fenton. There is a ton of fake fenton too. The good thing is there is a huge market. Before I would tell you to order a book of Fenton with a value guide but now I bet they have them online on Fenton group sites. There is a cult following. Good luck, I hope you do well If you decide to sell.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I hate eBay for selling anything but my mom died and I've been a bit overwhelmed while going through stuff. I may breakdown and use eBay on the small stuff and Craig's List on the larger furniture type pieces.

I know eBay takes a chunk from the profits but they do hit a huge audience and you should get what you want for your stuff.

Here's one of the first things that google pops up with for you.
    If you take the time, you can make the dime.
    https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/fenton-art-glass-identification-value-guide-4066121

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You may do better at a local auction if there are a lot of pieces. They can advertise well and man I'm telling you bidders go nuts over Fenton. I've been In the middle of that and it's scary

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I hate eBay for selling anything but my mom died and I've been a bit overwhelmed while going through stuff. I may breakdown and use eBay on the small stuff and Craig's List on the larger furniture type pieces.

I know eBay takes a chunk from the profits but they do hit a huge audience and you should get what you want for your stuff.

Here's one of the first things that google pops up with for you.
    If you take the time, you can make the dime.
    https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/fenton-art-glass-identification-value-guide-4066121

I have a several of pieces similar to that. My MIL and wife collected all kinds of glass ,Swarovski crystal, Glass bells, collectors plates and ceramic stuff. I do not know what is worth what. I figure I will leave it to my son to deal with. I am overwhelmed with it too.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Be careful if you end up taking it to a local auction. Glass doesn’t seem to have the following it once did.
    My family sold antiques in the 90’s and I ended up inheriting what was left a couple years ago. I spent a week getting the glass and ceramics together. Decent stuff, occupied Japan, Nortaki, Hull, pink and green depression glass, etc. I think I had about 30 large flats of it. I remember because the check I got was $30. It was a joke. Afterwards I sold a few select items on eBay and everything else went to goodwill. I needed to get the house sold and it wasn’t worth the time anymore. Still irritates me when I think about it lol.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Auctions have to properly promote stuff or you won't get the right buyers in the room. I've gotten great deals on stuff because nobody else knew what it was. With the right room you might clear a nice chunk. If it's just people looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon you'll be lucky to pay for the popcorn and drink you have while you're there. Ebay has gotten overrun with sham bidders and the only thing ebay does about it is let you relist it for free.

Top Bottom