• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    PR just said locals should stay in place. Situation not contained at this time.

3 officers shot. Suspect in custody.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    And right on cue the "resist" crowd is already blaming Trump and the NRA. They are trying to get the hashtag #MAGAshooter tending. So predictable and so disgusting.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It must've been because Trump called himself a "nationalist"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And right on cue the "resist" crowd is already blaming Trump and the NRA. They are trying to get the hashtag #MAGAshooter tending. So predictable and so disgusting.

I'll wait for the inevitable investigation of this guy's social media.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You never know what kind of a fight for our rights something like this could turn into. Or how it might affect the upcoming mid-terms. Hard to tell how the antis/dems might play this terrorist action.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Now removed social media account of shooter... very anti Jew, anti-immigrant, and anti-Trump for not being "nationalist". The guy was a nutjob.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'll wait for the inevitable investigation of this guy's social media.

Unfortunately the new standard procedure for Facebook and Twitter seems to be to delete the accounts of the suspects once they've been identified in cases like this. I think this is a huge diservice to both the media the public, and anyone looking to investigate the account.

He's been identified as Robert Bowers. From the screenshots I've seen he went out of his way to tell people he did NOT support Trump or vote for him, but screenshots can be pretty easily manipulated/photoshopped so who knows.

I don't care what political ideology someone supports, or who they vote for. Anyone who commits acts of violence should be condemned, prosecuted and punished accordingly.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Unfortunately the new standard procedure for Facebook and Twitter seems to be to delete the accounts of the suspects once they've been identified in cases like this. I think this is a huge diservice to both the media the public, and anyone looking to investigate the account.

He's been identified as Robert Bowers. From the screenshots I've seen he went out of his way to tell people he did NOT support Trump or vote for him, but screenshots can be pretty easily manipulated/photoshopped so who knows.

I don't care what political ideology someone supports, or who they vote for. Anyone who commits acts of violence should be condemned, prosecuted and punished accordingly.

I disagree. Forward a copy to the authorities and delete that crap. We don't need to leave it up for a bunch of amateurs to play the "which tribe can I blame for this" game and provide noteriety, name recognition, and a platform for the shooter's dumb message.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Top Bottom