PEOPLE, PLEASE STOP FOR SCHOOL BUSES!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    This is simply awful.

My kids tell me that their drivers take down plate numbers and call them in when they pull this crud here.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Prayer sent. Worst thing in the world would be to lose a child, but to lose that many... not sure how you could deal with that.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    This is simply awful.

My kids tell me that their drivers take down plate numbers and call them in when they pull this crud here.

My wife records the idiots that blow thru. She constantly complains to the city, school system and bus services. A few weeks ago they were supposed to have a cop sit for a week and watch. Never showed up. Ticks me off!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Some districts are installing camera enabled stop arms. when a driver fails to stop the bus driver hits a button and the license plate of the car is captured.

Pretty sure there is nothing a cop can do with just the word of the bus driver.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This is a two year old report: [video=youtube;3eAYpI2Ypo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eAYpI2Ypo4[/video]

A couple of the videos I could see where the vehicle might not have been at fault. In all of them (NOT victim blaming here) the child could have prevented the accident from occurring simply by looking before crossing. Unfortunately they've been taught that the stop sign and flashing lights protect them which just isn't true. My cousin lost a child many years ago as did an in-law a few years ago and I'm here to tell you that you don't know sad if you haven't been to a child's funeral.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    the vast majority of traffic fatalities are preventable

I hold my breath every morning dropping the girls at school. The idiot parents have little to no regard. Someone is going to get hit. It will be terrible. Worse than terrible.

If anyone has a question as to why kids today act as they do just sit and watch the adults at the school drop off/pick up points. You will be enlightened in a very short period of time.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    That woman needs to be thrown in a hole so deep and dark that she'll never see the light of day again.

She can square with her Lord while she rots.

Top Bottom