• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    4 pm, caught a contractor not doing his job. Told the owner about it and the gentleman was walked out. His job effected the safety of others and he should have known better. The ex worker easily made 80 grand a year.

i don't even feel bad.

update

It was not a jobsite. The best I can say is a national infrastructure related industry. It involved a man, a woman, an iPhone and not paying attention to a developing issues that would have made national news......

I'm really sorry about the safety guy that got fired, but that was not me :yesway:

Last edited:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Safety 3rd, but no slacking either...

You're being paid to do a job for someone else, so do it or quit.
    MUCH worse if another's safety is dependent on your actions. That's called negligence.

Last edited:

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    slacking for 80 g's a year? You should feel good about it, that money NEEDS to go to someone willing to work as hard as their pay grade entails.

Also curious as to what the job was if you can share that.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    slacking for 80 g's a year? You should feel good about it, that money NEEDS to go to someone willing to work as hard as their pay grade entails.

Also curious as to what the job was if you can share that.

must've misread the OP, not sure why I assumed he was slacking, but still not doing the job for that kind of money is ridiculous

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Really?
    Remind me not to work around your area...

Must have missed that episode of Dirty Jobs...
    [video=youtube;Km8XxRCuCho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km8XxRCuCho[/video]

Safety is important, and often life-saving. But, if Safety was the the 1st priority there'd be far fewer actions actually being performed.
    And even fewer recreational activities...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Out of curiosity, what was his job?

Don't wait up.

LkgpGnX.jpg

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Coming around a curve a few weeks ago, was unable to avoid running right over a 'Possum and killed it dead.

I still feel bad about it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would hope that whoever the OP reported for bot doing their job, that it was observed over more than just 1 day. Or that the job involved highly sensitive info or potential life & death of others. Would hate for someone to lose a good job for possibly having an off day. Maybe the guy wasn't feeling well but couldn't call in. Too many variables to give much opinion without more info about what the job was

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would hope that whoever the OP reported for bot doing their job, that it was observed over more than just 1 day. Or that the job involved highly sensitive info or potential life & death of others. Would hate for someone to lose a good job for possibly having an off day. Maybe the guy wasn't feeling well but couldn't call in. Too many variables to give much opinion without more info about what the job was

This

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Wow yeah, I think we have our answer as to what kind of job it was. After hearing what the OP said and reading what the fella who lost his job said, prretty much sounds like a raw deal all the way around. Especially if the guy who lost his job was accurate about his side of the story. Again if the story is accurate, sounds like someone was awful reckless in shooting his mouth off to management.

We talk here on INgo about how we are all ultimately responsible for our own safety. Even on the job you have to take responsibility for your own actions. On the job, even the safety officer has the right to a break. Within reason people should be looking out for each other, not throwing them under the bus. Just my two cents based on several years as a union official

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wow yeah, I think we have our answer as to what kind of job it was. After hearing what the OP said and reading what the fella who lost his job said, prretty much sounds like a raw deal all the way around. Especially if the guy who lost his job was accurate about his side of the story. Again if the story is accurate, sounds like someone was awful reckless in shooting his mouth off to management.

We talk here on INgo about how we are all ultimately responsible for our own safety. Even on the job you have to take responsibility for your own actions. On the job, even the safety officer has the right to a break. Within reason people should be looking out for each other, not throwing them under the bus. Just my two cents based on several years as a union official

You do know that was a parody thread, correct?

/Denny'd

Top Bottom