• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I started looking at appliances for my new house, and I am a bit overwhelmed by how many there are. I honestly don't know what makes a $1,300 range better than a $700 range.

I am leaning towards this refrigerator.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpo...esistant-Stainless-Steel-WRX735SDHZ/301859152

and this stove
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frigidaire-Gallery-5-0-cu-ft-Gas-Range-with-Self-Cleaning-QuickBake-Convection-Oven-in-Smudge-Proof-Stainless-Steel-FGGF3047TF/302505791

I do a lot of cooking, so the stove will get a workout.

Anyone know more about appliances that can give me some advice? I definitely want stainless and I like the french door design for a refrigerator.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I love my Frigidaire range - there's several INGO threads proving that.

I believe that model has an optional griddle for the center burner, which is so very worth it. It's like a cast iron skillet that just stays right there.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I started looking at appliances for my new house, and I am a bit overwhelmed by how many there are. I honestly don't know what makes a $1,300 range better than a $700 range.

I am leaning towards this refrigerator.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpo...esistant-Stainless-Steel-WRX735SDHZ/301859152

and this stove
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frigidaire-Gallery-5-0-cu-ft-Gas-Range-with-Self-Cleaning-QuickBake-Convection-Oven-in-Smudge-Proof-Stainless-Steel-FGGF3047TF/302505791

I do a lot of cooking, so the stove will get a workout.

Anyone know more about appliances that can give me some advice? I definitely want stainless and I like the french door design for a refrigerator.

Best of luck. I try to buy as few a features as I can.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Convection is a wonderful feature; fresh and frozen pizzas come out so much better, shepard's pies don't turn out soggy, and you can make fries without oil.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We bought a new refrigerator and washing machine about two years ago, both Whirlpool products. I did a ton of research and found that Samsung has horrible reviews. This was confirmed by a service tech that we had out to replace the door on the refrigerator due to a dent that was caused in shipping. He said that Samsung was the one brand their company refuses to service due to issues getting paid for warranty work. He said Whirlpool was one of the brands they had the fewest calls on. We have had no issues with either of the appliances we bought and found good deals on both. We bought the washing machine on sale at Menards when they also had the 11% rebate going on.

We bought the refrigerator from Sears on sale thinking that they would at least service it if something did go wrong during that first year it was under warranty. I called them about the damage to the door, and was told that since we had not bought the extended warranty, we had to go through Whirlpool even though it was their delivery guys that most likely damaged it. So...in hindsight, we should have bought that from Menards too.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    We bought a new refrigerator and washing machine about two years ago, both Whirlpool products. I did a ton of research and found that Samsung has horrible reviews. This was confirmed by a service tech that we had out to replace the door on the refrigerator due to a dent that was caused in shipping. He said that Samsung was the one brand their company refuses to service due to issues getting paid for warranty work. He said Whirlpool was one of the brands they had the fewest calls on. We have had no issues with either of the appliances we bought and found good deals on both. We bought the washing machine on sale at Menards when they also had the 11% rebate going on.

We bought the refrigerator from Sears on sale thinking that they would at least service it if something did go wrong during that first year it was under warranty. I called them about the damage to the door, and was told that since we had not bought the extended warranty, we had to go through Whirlpool even though it was their delivery guys that most likely damaged it. So...in hindsight, we should have bought that from Menards too.

I have heard the same thing about Samsung, which is why I won't even look at them. I do love their phones though.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have heard the same thing about Samsung, which is why I won't even look at them. I do love their phones though.

Their TV's are also said to be very good but other appliances are very expensive and seem to have major issues before they are even a few years old.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel

Interesting... we have a Samsung dryer we bought this summer after hours of research... for dryers Samsung is among the best with Whirlpool near the bottom.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    We have had the exact range you are looking at for 4 years and it is doing great! That price seems high though from what I remember.

We've had Samsung fridge for going on 11 years and have never had a problem with it. The only Whirlpool appliance we've ever had was our old dishwasher and it constantly had problems, mostly minor but annoying nonetheless.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    We bought a mid-range 16" convection toaster oven last year and it almost completely replaced our normal oven... so much so that I almost exclusively use the oven for drying and maintaining the seasoning of my cast iron pans. It broke last month and we're going black Friday shopping exclusively to buy a more premium one. If I didn't like my oven so much (it's a massive vintage GE) I'd replace them both with a convection range like you are looking at.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    We've got GE appliances in our kitchen (the Slate series) and really couldn't be more happy.

Stay away from Samsung and LG kitchen appliances. More than 1 salesman we talked to said that those 2 brands make up most of their returns by far.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    We've got GE appliances in our kitchen (the Slate series) and really couldn't be more happy.

Stay away from Samsung and LG kitchen appliances. More than 1 salesman we talked to said that those 2 brands make up most of their returns by far.

Our Microwave is an LG with inverter, it cooks differently than a traditional unit (variable but constant power output vs the timed On-Off-On power output of traditional units) which some people don't like or just can't figure out.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Convection is a wonderful feature; fresh and frozen pizzas come out so much better, shepard's pies don't turn out soggy, and you can make fries without oil.

Gotta agree with that! Curly fries made with the spiralizer, brushed with olive oil and sea salt, are great using the convection.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

Our LG washer quit right about the time the warranty ran out. I really liked it, but we went with a more plain Whirlpool model. I miss some of the features, but it's more that can go wrong.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I've heard that as well.

And I hate all my GE appliances that came with the house.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Home Depot delivered a new Maytag Washer yesterday. List price $749, online Price $669, in store price $568 with another $40 off $528+ Tax. Free delivery! No one else even came close to their price.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Sears has filed for bankruptcy and there is some question about whether their appliance lifetime warranties will be honored. I also read that after they filed Whirlpool demanded Sears return all the Whirlpool inventory Sears had taken delivery on in the 45 days preceding the bankruptcy filing.

That's too bad, I grew up with Sears, but it appears would be wise to stay away from them now. :(

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom