• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It's that time of year again.
    The Toys for Tots donation boxes are showing up in stores all over the nation.

If you don't know what the Toys for Tots organization does, it's simple. They give toys to kids who may otherwise not receive a toy at Christmas.
    www.toysfortots.org

This organization truly has a worthy cause.
    Started and run by U.S. Marines, these people literally make kids days.
    Please donate what you can.

They ask for new, unwrapped toys. They don't have to be expensive, or elaborate.
    If you can't. or don't want to donate toys, they do accept monetary donations through their website.

Ingo's own Kirk Freeman has collection boxes in his offices for your convenience, at least he has in years past.
    Please help if you can.

Thank you

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I purchase toys throughout the year when I see good deals. I got several nice $15-20 toys on sale for at least half price, so I probably have a total of a dozen or so to donate. My work is also doing Angel Trees, so I'll see if anything i have will work there also.

This time of year, our vet offers $15 off a heartworm test with a donation of two toys, and with four dogs, that saves me quite a bit.

Last edited:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I have a pair of Transformers toys that I picked up from Ollie's a few weeks back specifically for this. They had a good deal on them, and I already have both of the ones I picked up.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I purchase toys throughout the year when I see good deals. I got several nice $15-20 toys on sale for at least half price, so I probably have a total of a dozen or so to donate. My work is also doing Angel Trees, so I'll see if anything i have will work there also.

This time of year, our vet offers $15 off a heartworm test with a donation of two toys, and with four dogs, that saves me quite a bit.

:yesway:

That's an awesome idea.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Actually, now that I think about it, the vet only asks for one toy per. I'm just so accustomed to doing two dogs at a time, I had two stuck in my head.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Those of you considering donating, don't wait too long. They always pull the toy boxes sooner than I think they are going to so that they can get them distributed.

Walgreens has a decent assortment of toys if you don't have time/inclination to deal with a bigger store.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    There are also places like Ollie's where you can get new toys for good prices.

I need to find a place in Indy to drop these off.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    They usually have them at my Walgreens. Walgreens also has their $6.99 toys for buy 2/get one free right now, or they have some nice ones for $19.99. Just do it. Make the difference in a kid or three's Christmas.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    They usually have them at my Walgreens. Walgreens also has their $6.99 toys for buy 2/get one free right now, or they have some nice ones for $19.99. Just do it. Make the difference in a kid or three's Christmas.
    :yesway: One stop shop.

Just about every school I know of has a drop off bin for those that drop off or pick up kiddos each day.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    :yesway: One stop shop.

Just about every school I know of has a drop off bin for those that drop off or pick up kiddos each day.

I had no idea the schools were participating in this crusade.
    I'm glad to see it, and I hope they explain clearly to the kids at school the reason(s) behind the drive.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I had no idea the schools were participating in this crusade.
    I'm glad to see it, and I hope they explain clearly to the kids at school the reason(s) behind the drive.
    I can't speak for all schools, but quite a few have the box available and send a flyer. That's about it.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    We stopped by Menard's this afternoon to pick up a few things. They had a box for Toy's for Tots, so we dropped the toys in there.

Top Bottom