• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Listening to the scanner radio app, it sounds like there are quite a few slide offs down here in the Btown area. Road crews are busy and chattering about it.

Yours?

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Lots of sleet in Hamilton County. Very slick roads with quite a few crashes. Hilariously, highway and municipal crews were not set to scramble until 0400. It’s gonna be a messy commute tomorrow.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I've been listening to the soft static of ice pellets on leaves for about an hour here in Carmel.

No cohesion yet, but we'll see. I threw the snow shoes on her car ahead of this, so we're good.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I’m just outside franklin and let my labs out at 06:00.... everything is covered in ice. Had to push the storm door to break it free. The girls didn’t know how to act seeing the deck with a ice cover. Might have to work from home at least until noon or so. I’m still amazed how INDOT would rather react then be proactive.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Side roads in Indy are a little dicey in places but the interstates are fine. Only a couple idiot drivers, most are being cautious. Drove from BG to just up the street from Churchmouse's house with no problem. Several of the school systems are closed today.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    My wife and I carpool to work in the mornings from down by Camby to Fishers. It wasn't too bad. The worst parts were our subdivision, her parking lot, and Kincaid road off 106th st. That turn on to Kincaid was a bit slippery. The Stabilitrack kicked in only twice, on the ramp coming off i-69, and again leaving her parking lot.

We made pretty good time, took us just around 10 minutes more than usual.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Up north here (NWI) the roads are pretty crappy, but i drive a crown vic which isn't great in the snow to begin with. Close to an 1" on the roads so far and looking at radar it just began here not long ago. Says 1-2" for us but i wouldn't be shocked if it ended up being more

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    The roads look ok but it is nice to have the power back on. Out for 6 hours not long enough to fire up the kerosene heater.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I put in my request to work from home today yesterday morning as soon as I got to the office. A couple of hours later we got the automated message for everyone to take their laptops home last night. Everything's ice-covered here but I did a walk around the yard an no branches down yet. Did have power flicker off around 4 a.m..

Top Bottom