• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    One of the GOATS. If it had strings, he'd play it better than you. And it didn't matter much who "you" was.

This made me chuckle...

DsEByviVAAAuE2e.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Not only was he one of the greatest musicians ever, but he provided a lot of people (like me) with a lot of great memories of sitting around the tv with family being entertained by great music and corny jokes. My dad died in 79', and some of my fondest memories of him are sitting and watching Hee Haw. Everytime Roy played, dad would always say "that guy could play a tennis racket and make it sound good".

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Not only was he one of the greatest musicians ever, but he provided a lot of people (like me) with a lot of great memories of sitting around the tv with family being entertained by great music and corny jokes. My dad died in 79', and some of my fondest memories of him are sitting and watching Hee Haw. Everytime Roy played, dad would always say "that guy could play a tennis racket and make it sound good".

Me too.....Hee Haw at 7pm then Austin City Limits at 10 pm on KET....Dad wouldn't stay up for ACL unless Waylon, Willie or Emmy was going to be on.....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    [video=youtube;H0TMVQzC0Cg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0TMVQzC0Cg&list=RDmoyNROoB1MI&index=2[/video]

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    A lady in La Porte was one of his early back up singers.He would stay with her family whenever he was passing thru.Her son was a amazing guitar player but quite shy.Roy asked him multiple times to tour with his band.He never took him up on it. Roy is in my top 10 best guitarists.......Malaguena.....

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Just went and listened to his version of the Green Green Grass of Home. Classic! RIP Roy Clark

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ...dad would always say "that guy could play a tennis racket and make it sound good".

This. I thought he was an OK singer, but man could he play a guitar or banjo. Watched Hee Haw every week.

Now I have no idea who is a big name in country music. Guess I am getting old too.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom