• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Saturday in Foxwood neighborhood of Lafayette (behind the Cracker Barrel by I-65), a buddy of mine was running the usual Shady Creek Drive hill we run (I had duty and could not go, thank goodness as it turned out) Saturday 17 November when a speeding car reckless pass another car and struck my buddy with his passenger side mirror. My friend was struck in the "love handle"/pelvis area, spun and face planted in a ditch along the side of the road.

LPD and TCSD responded. He learned that it was someone fleeing a robbery at Cracker Barrel. My other buddy got the plate number (Illinois plates).

I figure that he robbed the Cracker Barrel and then drove along Shady Creek which parallels I-65 as many of the Illinois criminal class here do not know the streets too well. I have had them run in circles (literally) after Robberies or Burglaries.

Has anyone heard about the Cracker Barrel in Lafayette being robbed? Catch the guy? Any media on this?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Best of luck to your friend, bad karma for life to the FIBs who ran over your friend and robbed the Cracker Barrel, nothing on the news.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    “ My friend was struck in the "love handle"/pelvis area,...”

That sounds like all kinds of painful. Best wishes to your pal.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    So this sounds like a broken pelvis and/or internal damage. Overall it sucks and I hope the cops catch the perps.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So this sounds like a broken pelvis and/or internal damage. Overall it sucks and I hope the cops catch the perps.

Don't think so. I learned about because he came over to my house and we sampled a couple of new beers and watched a movie. He told me about it and I spit beer over my living room. "What do you mean you got hit by a car?"

He was favoring a leg. I told him to go to the doc as I remember Eric Rader who got him by a car downtown Lafayette and then died days later from internal bleeding.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Yes, we men can be strange about doctors.
    hlYIRvU.gif

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I called him to ensure that he did not bleed out internally during the night. We complain of ankle sprain and no blood in any output. Hope he goes to the doc so I can stop worrying.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yesterday a friends daughter was hit on her bicycle by a vehicle. She did not make it. Your friend is blessed.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Hopefully your friend turns out to be ok. I'm always worried about hitting a runner. I always slow down and keep my distance, but a lot of them around here for whatever reason refuse to use the sidewalk and I have seen them dart across the road with traffic coming.

Top Bottom