• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    We have recently installed a wood burning stove. It is big enough to warm our whole house, but getting the warm air into the far bedrooms requires us to turn on the fan for the heating/cooling system. If I turn the fan on for about 5 minutes every hour, it is perfect. Obviously, I don’t want to run the heat while doing this, just the fan. I would like a thermostat where I can schedule the fan only to come on at certain times. I have looked at the eco bee and the nest, but those just allow scheduling of heat and air to maintain a temperature. Does anyone know of one that allows fan only scheduling? If it is Apple HomeKit compatible, that’s even better.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Check out IFTT. You should be able to set it up on a schedule or you can even set it to turn on the fan when the house reaches a certain temperature. You would need a smart thermostat for this to work though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK. We do the exact same thing. But it requires a good stat with a Circulation setting on it. The one I use (from years and years and years of HVAC) is the Honeywell 9000 series touch screen. It is a programmable stat that also has 3 settings for the furnace blower. 1 for Auto.....1 for fan on full time.....and 1 setting labeled Circ.
    The Circ (Circulate) does what you are needing. We also heat mainly with wood. I set the fan for Circ and it regularly cycles the furnace blower. This keeps the house fairly evenly heated.
    You can use the programmable set back option or opt not to.

Stat is a bit spendy but we love ours. Been installed since they 1st came on the market.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I’m familiar with Honeywell stats and you can google them for options the pro series is what I put in at work. Sorry I don’t remember the model but these are touch screen and some are so if enabled. Check with me on price. I can get them at wholesale and it’s cheaper sometimes than online. Blessings. Tim

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    OK. We do the exact same thing. But it requires a good stat with a Circulation setting on it. The one I use (from years and years and years of HVAC) is the Honeywell 9000 series touch screen. It is a programmable stat that also has 3 settings for the furnace blower. 1 for Auto.....1 for fan on full time.....and 1 setting labeled Circ.
    The Circ (Circulate) does what you are needing. We also heat mainly with wood. I set the fan for Circ and it regularly cycles the furnace blower. This keeps the house fairly evenly heated.
    You can use the programmable set back option or opt not to.

Stat is a bit spendy but we love ours. Been installed since they 1st came on the market.

Thanks for the recommendation. This looks like it would do what I want. The only thing it doesn’t have is the HomeKit compatibility. That isn’t a deal breaker, but while researching the 9000 serious, I came across the Honeywell T5+ that has the circulate and is HomeKit compatible. It’s about the same price as the 9000 series. Do you know anything about the T5+?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks for the recommendation. This looks like it would do what I want. The only thing it doesn’t have is the HomeKit compatibility. That isn’t a deal breaker, but while researching the 9000 serious, I came across the Honeywell T5+ that has the circulate and is HomeKit compatible. It’s about the same price as the 9000 series. Do you know anything about the T5+?

Not 1st hand.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have an ecobee 3 and you can tell it you would like the fan to run for x*5 minutes per hour. 0, 5, 10, 15... etc. Even if no heating or cooling equipment is running it will still move air around the house.

Top Bottom