• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I don't understand the Jeep thing either:n00b:. They look cool then you get in one. Terrible in every way and the same price as the v8 super crew long bed f150 I bought.....doesn't make sense to me at all. :noway:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    This was discussed in the Jeep thread a couple weeks ago. Not surprisingly received more favorable comments there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I saw a comparison between the new Gladiator and a Tacoma:
    NSNLTHm.jpg

So, it is a Tacoma with solid Dana 44 axles front and rear, 4-link front and rear (no leaves), and in the Rubicon version (compare to their TRD): 4.10 gears, selectable lockers, 4:1 non-electric transfercase, factory 33's (and room for 35s with no lift), removable soft or hardtop, removable doors, and an available diesel.

Just on specs, it doesn't sound too bad.

But yeah, even the Jeep enthusiasts are split on it.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Im a Jeep guy and yeah, not a chance. It might be nice to take the kids to school and haul a dirt bike to the track but in no way will that perform like a Jeep in the wild. First switch back and bet they wish they engineered it different.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The Gladiator is for a unique crowd. Someone who doesn’t need a truck to haul large items, but wants a Jeep as well. This Jeep truck isn’t going to perform as well off road as a full blown Jeep Wrangler. And it’s not going to haul anything like a truck can.

Actually, it’s for someone who is willing to spend stupid money for something that’s bad ass. Something you can mod and accessorize. And you can only mod and accessorize so much on a truck.

This truck will sell. And they will sell a lot.

I’m hoping the new Ford Bronco will actually come out soon. Jeep needs some good competition. Their prices are outrageous.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The Gladiator is for a unique crowd. Someone who doesn’t need a truck to haul large items, but wants a Jeep as well. This Jeep truck isn’t going to perform as well off road as a full blown Jeep Wrangler. And it’s not going to haul anything like a truck can.

Actually, it’s for someone who is willing to spend stupid money for something that’s bad ass. Something you can mod and accessorize. And you can only mod and accessorize so much on a truck.

This truck will sell. And they will sell a lot.

I’m hoping the new Ford Bronco will actually come out soon. Jeep needs some good competition. Their prices are outrageous.

Jeep DOES need competition. I want a new Jeep. I'm NOT paying what they're asking for what they're offering.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, I'm the market: suburbia-dwelling, former off-road loving, needs to carry big stuff some weekends, mostly commuting, disposable income having guy (once the last kid is out of the house).

I'd definitely look at one.

Last time I was in that market (to offset the lack of cool in the garage when we started getting mini-vans), I looked at the Explorer Sport-trak (?) or whatever that thing was with the partial pickup bed in the back. Kinda like the Hummer version with the same thing.

Too expensive at the time, but would've liked one.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Yeah, I'm the market: suburbia-dwelling, former off-road loving, needs to carry big stuff some weekends, mostly commuting, disposable income having guy (once the last kid is out of the house).

I'd definitely look at one.

Last time I was in that market (to offset the lack of cool in the garage when we started getting mini-vans), I looked at the Explorer Sport-trak (?) or whatever that thing was with the partial pickup bed in the back. Kinda like the Hummer version with the same thing.

Too expensive at the time, but would've liked one.

The Explorer Sport-Trac was never cool :)

Top Bottom