• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I need help. I had a stray wonder up the other day. They usually leave but this one won’t. It is super friendly. Likes to be held and get rubs. Very good mouser. I called the humane society and they are not taking cats until mid December. We have coyotes and i worry about it. I will bring it to you if you are in Indy. It looks young. Would be a great indoor cat. I already have a cat and the old cat doesn’t like the new cat so I can’t keep it. Great Christmas gift!

Attachments

• 67A078A6-4CDB-47A8-B2A7-BA3F358F1E9E.jpg
      67A078A6-4CDB-47A8-B2A7-BA3F358F1E9E.jpg
      171.6 KB · Views: 64
    • CAAD981B-A651-4D8D-B26A-EA63162F8DFC.jpg
      CAAD981B-A651-4D8D-B26A-EA63162F8DFC.jpg
      178.5 KB · Views: 72

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I had a calico that showed up a few years ago... felt bad for her, so I put food out. Now I have 5 that hang around...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Our current cat was the "new" cat for awhile. Even though she was bigger than the original (RIP) cat, the OC intimidated her. It wasn't until we lost the OC to kidney disease that she finally came out of her shell. When it comes time to get another, we'll likely get two kittens so they can grow up together. Both cats always got along great with the dogs, just not each other.

I'd always been a dog person, so I had no idea how territorial cats could be and how reluctant they would be to share their space with a new one. Dogs seem to get over any differences they might have pretty quickly and that's that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had the same thing happen, but then I reminded the old cat that it is MY house, and eventually she accepted the new cat

They only let you THINK it's your house. :): You know, in some ancient cultures, cats were revered as gods. The cats have never forgotten this. ;)

The difference between dogs and cats:

Dog: "These people feed me, give me shelter and take care of all my needs. They must be gods!"

Cat: "These people feed me, give me shelter and take care of all my needs. I must be a god!"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Have you taken her to a vet to see if she's chipped? I don't think they charge just for a scan. A "Cat Scan" in her case I guess! :): And I made the mistake of showing DoggyMama her picture. :nailbite:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Yes I used stay in the title on purpose. I thought it was clever. Anyway.

Craigslist to the rescue. I posted it earlier and had a new home by 630. Now that's a good result. Thanks to those that sent messages offering to help I do appreciate it.

Went to a new home with a young husky. The dog seemed ok with the cat. Hope its not dinner this evening.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Yes I used stay in the title on purpose. I thought it was clever. Anyway.

Craigslist to the rescue. I posted it earlier and had a new home by 630. Now that's a good result. Thanks to those that sent messages offering to help I do appreciate it.

Went to a new home with a young husky. The dog seemed ok with the cat. Hope its not dinner this evening.

You did very good for her!

Top Bottom