KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

OK, if you've got 11 pounds of weed, don't have two stoners drive it around doing 57 in the fast lane!! Black Subaru Forester? Excellent choice. Two pot-heads? Why not get Cheech and Chong to haul it in a 64 Impala.

Around 2:30 p.m., an ISP trooper was on I-70 near the 40 mile marker and saw a black Subaru Forester going eastbound at 57 mph in a 70-mph zone. Indiana’s left lane law, often called the “slowpoke law,” prohibits drivers from traveling slowly and/or for long periods of time in the far left passing lane.

The trooper conducted a traffic stop and noticed several things that indicated potential criminal activity.
    The vehicle was searched and investigators discovered 11 pounds of suspected marijuana. ISP says the weed was worth an estimated $33,000 on the street.
    An ounce of suspected marijuana powder, 12 controlled substance pills and a gram of suspected methamphetamine was found as well.

Daniel Wade, 30, of Longmont, Colorado and Veronica McClam, 25, of Beaufort, South Carolina, were arrested and taken to the Putnam County Jail.

https://fox59.com/2018/11/30/isp-arrests-2-on-drug-charges-thanks-to-indianas-slowpoke-law/

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    For the longest time cops around the US said that 1 pound = $2000.
    This is the first report that I have seen that it has finally gone up. I've kind of been paying attention since the mid 80s.

While pulling any plants out there, they also have been saying that 1 plant is equivalent to (because it can grow to)1 pound. That's also not a real expectation. They like to pump the numbers so the bust feels better and they go home winners.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    For the longest time cops around the US said that 1 pound = $2000.
    This is the first report that I have seen that it has finally gone up. I've kind of been paying attention since the mid 80s.

While pulling any plants out there, they also have been saying that 1 plant is equivalent to (because it can grow to)1 pound. That's also not a real expectation. They like to pump the numbers so the bust feels better and they go home winners.

Well yeah, "We took $12 worth of weed off the street; two Officers were treated for strained backs" would make the taxpayer go "WHAT THE &%%%^???!!!"

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    An unfortunate mental impairment prevents me from driving less than or equal to the speed limit when conditions are reasonable and prudent.

How did they manage 57mph on I70 without a Peterbilt or an Audi Q7 punting them into their next life?
    MH

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    The first indication of criminal activity is that dudes hair. If a trooper sent me a pic of him I would sign a warrant just based on his hair.

2Lucky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2018
    Notre Dame
    It kills me when I see the cigarette commercials touting how "addictive" they are and then legalize pot. When did pot become non-addictive?

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    So the stench of patchouli oil and mountain of empty Doritos bags and Twinkie wrappers in the back seat didn't tip off the officer? Then it must have been the hair.

Top Bottom