• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Kid thought he was being funny, but obviously it was just tasteless and shameful. Unless this kid has a history of bad behavior, I don't think he needs his life ruined, but he does need some lessons in character and kindness.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Very bad taste. Also unsportsmanlike conduct. I read somewhere that the brain isn't fully developed until age 23. But he has crossed the line of it needing to be addressed to him in a very stern way. I suggest detention with a film on epilepsy.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I’d like to think it was a spontaneous mob mentality bit of idiocy but I think the kid also had a pic of the player’s mom on his chest at another point in the game. Clearly some preplanning.

I agree his life should not be ruined. But mistakes by kids today can get them international acclaim. Good lesson for others to see

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I sent an email to his principal with my suggestion. Hopefully he'll get the guidance he needs for his bad behavior at a school function. Not my place but doesn't sit well with me to keep my mouth shut.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Second video I've seen of this student section in two days. I was bothered by the first one of him. This one is flat out ridiculous.

The principal needs to take charge and stop the distraction performances all together.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kid thought he was being funny, but obviously it was just tasteless and shameful. Unless this kid has a history of bad behavior, I don't think he needs his life ruined, but he does need some lessons in character and kindness.

If being expelled and sent back a couple of grades ruins their lives, they (I'm including the ones chanting "have another seizure") have no character. A lesson in character would come from spending their summers and vacation breaks studying to get back to where they should be. That's nothing compared to living with what the kid with epilepsy has had to live with all his life.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Some interesting comments in the comment section of the article. People are upset at this kid for making fun of the player, yet they are calling this kid lard ass and obese morn etc?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Already received a reply from the principal. Aware of your concerns. Working to address the issue. We don't condone this behavior.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Was the other one something about taking his shirt off and doing the splits?

Yes. That stuff doesn't belong in basketball and I was really surprised when I saw it happening. I've been to many high school games as a player and never seen anything even close to this kid. Even the school.mascots never went this far.

Is this how it is now?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Kids in high school have tattoos like that now and dont have to cover them up? Different world

Kids are mean. Give him detention and make him do a report on that condition or something, maybe have him do some volunteer work or raise some money for people who have that condition. School needs to denounce it. Completely unacceptable but kids be kids. No one was raped in the shower

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Kids in high school have tattoos like that now and dont have to cover them up? Different world

Kids are mean. Give him detention and make him do a report on that condition or something, maybe have him do some volunteer work or raise some money for people who have that condition. School needs to denounce it. Completely unacceptable but kids be kids. No one was raped in the shower

Right. Nothing illegal. But being that, it's a school issue. Only thing you can hope is after school suspension instead of in school suspension, which is getting the parents involved in some way. Hopefully on the next game day.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I don't think a suspension is deserved. I believe an apology and letter to the IHSAA is normal sop.

He can only be blamed so much. The school is letting him perform and it was bound to escalate.

Top Bottom