Best Christmas ideas you've ever had for your wife! GO!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So, I'm knee deep in that time of year where I'm looking at Christmas ideas for my wife. Every year it's a struggle. If/when I have bought clothes they've been the wrong size, or the "right" size but don't fit right. I'm asking this here, because I assume the majority of this forum is dudes, and I know my wife will never be on here. That doesn't mean I don't want to hear from the ladies though. Ladies especially chime in. I'd like to start a conversation about all the smart things we've ever come up with for buying our spouses/wives a Christmas present they like, are happy about, and appreciate.

My tip is that a couple years ago I started a spreadsheet of everything she's getting that year. I can look back on those now, and cherry pick anything I know she was happy with. I can also put notes in on what went over well and what was a terrible idea.

I leave this topic here, and I know somebody here has a better system than I do, so help your fellow gun buddies and spread the wisdom.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I would suggest buying her a digital picture frame and loading it with family pictures. Weddings, vacations, graduations and long lost relatives. Always been a home run for me.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I would suggest buying her a digital picture frame and loading it with family pictures. Weddings, vacations, graduations and long lost relatives. Always been a home run for me.

I'm in the middle of a similar project. A couple years ago I was in the middle of collecting every picture from all our years together and while getting them all on one single new tower desktop I had that computers motherboard fry on me. I have 5 old computers at a tech shop right now that they're going to get running, pull every picture and video from them and combine them all onto one new external hard drive for me. Once that's complete, yeah that project will definitely be in the work for next year.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    heres my story, I had been dating susan for 2 years we were living together, and about a year and a half into our relationship, my mother passed, and my mom loved susan, and susan loved my mom!, and around valentines day, the year after mom passed, susan lost an earring (one her ex husband had given her) so i'd already made my mind up to boy her a new pair, and I did, I had them stashed in the house ready to give them to her on valentines day.

before the valentines day, I found a used sig p220 in a shop for a good price, susan told me to put it in layaway, she'd pay for it, so I did, and I was getting ancy wanting to get it out, I had a gun at home that I didn't carry, and had got for a really great price, and a vendor at the local gun show had offered me a lot more than I paid for it (I got it for 125, and he said he'd give me 500!)

so I pulled it out of the safe, had it in my hand, ready to sell it when I realized, susan gave me the money for that one too, so I put it back in the safe, and grabbed another, then I realized she gave me the money for that one, and then I realized how many guns she bought for me (she didn't buy them, but she gave me the money to buy them), and to me, that meant they were gifts, and you don't sell gifts!

so I called my sister, who'd inherited all of mom's jewelry, and told her that same story, and asked for a pair of earrings, they would be the gift from the heart, the jarred earrings were something I bought, I told my sis that i'd pay her for them, my sis said no money needed, the whole family loved susan, and that mom would want her to have them, my sister picked a matching set of earrings, a necklace and a ring.

so a few days before valentines day, I gave her the jarred box, and she smiled.

on valentines day I sat her down, told her the story I just typed here, and handed her the box, she opened it and it was like someone turned on a garden hose, she cried for what seams like forever.

we got married on august 18th of this year, her mom passed on November 19th, and she wore my moms ring to here moms funeral

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    That's an excellent example of a great gift. I don't really have anything like that going on this year to work with. Granted, we're probably going to be putting our dog down before Christmas, because he's in pretty bad shape, but I don't know how to spin that into a happy thing.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    So, I'm knee deep in that time of year where I'm looking at Christmas ideas for my wife. Every year it's a struggle. If/when I have bought clothes they've been the wrong size, or the "right" size but don't fit right. I'm asking this here, because I assume the majority of this forum is dudes, and I know my wife will never be on here. That doesn't mean I don't want to hear from the ladies though. Ladies especially chime in. I'd like to start a conversation about all the smart things we've ever come up with for buying our spouses/wives a Christmas present they like, are happy about, and appreciate.

My tip is that a couple years ago I started a spreadsheet of everything she's getting that year. I can look back on those now, and cherry pick anything I know she was happy with. I can also put notes in on what went over well and what was a terrible idea.

I leave this topic here, and I know somebody here has a better system than I do, so help your fellow gun buddies and spread the wisdom.

Let’s back up. You did a spread sheet ? ! ! ! That alone should get you some points !

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I proposed on Christmas Day some 22 years ago.

She is pretty good about dropping hints come about October or so. I just have to pay a little attention. She is eying some fancy purse/backpack thing this year, so I'll get it for her. Most of our gifts are not exactly secrets. I know I'll have to pick out a new knife this year (she already mentioned it), and she knows about the purse.

I do usually get her something small and shiny. She won't buy anything nice for herself, so it is a chance to spoil her, even if only a little. Can't bring myself to spend a ton, since a) she will likely lose whatever it is I buy her within the year, and b) she will see the receipt.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I highly recommend a vacuum or a stair climber.

cartoon-woman-chasing-man-rolling-260nw-616397687.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Last mothers day i downloaded some free software and pieced a bunch of pictures of you family and picked a song to go with it. She cried so much i cried. Then my oldest cried. Then my mom watched it and we all cried again.... I dont cry but i put 20+ hours into a 5 min video. The first draft took maybe 1 or 2 hours but im a bit ocd and i went off the rails with it. This year for christmas i rented out a lodge for a long weekend to go snowboarding. I already have everything handled from babysitter to work details. My oldest is "gifting" her some nice headphones. I still havent picked but i think the new boses' are going to be it. Then from the baby, shes getting a remote starter for her jeep.

I feel i have given her some awesome gifts. Not all as spendy as this christmas. But she has loved them all. I have plenty of more.examples.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Facebook reminded me that 8 years ago (12/3/10) I got my wife a new vehicle for Christmas.

And now, 8 years later, that Dyson Animal is still going strong.

Top Bottom