• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Lots of folks struggle with workplace gift exchange anxiety. The stress of finding a present under $25.00 which is not generic but not too personal, not offensive but not bland, something someone who you don't really associate with will appreciate.

SNL summed it up best with their skit "The Christmas Candle".

I hate getting gift cards for folks. In years past it seemed pointless to see half a dozen gift cards exchanged-a zero sum game. Let's help those in need and come up with gifts which fill this bill. Can be male / female specific but neutral is best. Remember not everyone is a prepper/gun nut/III%. So far I have found...

Four pack of Yeti knock-off wine tumblers at Walmart for $19.99
    Nice fleece throw - always useful
    Small multi-tool/Swiss Army knife & mini flashlight.

What are your go to gifts?

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The gift exchange at the University turned into the $20 alcohol exchange. Actually worked pretty well. Had everything from cheapy 24-packs to decent (but small) bottles of hard liquor getting passed around. Only rule - cannot be opened until the last "steal" is done!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The gift exchange at the University turned into the $20 alcohol exchange. Actually worked pretty well. Had everything from cheapy 24-packs to decent (but small) bottles of hard liquor getting passed around. Only rule - cannot be opened until the last "steal" is done!

What are we, lawyers? Actually we have a "wish list" in the break room and just about everyone has a gift card to somewhere or specified varietal of wine.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

This is what I have done in the past when I participated in such events. If it is a gift exchange where people trade/steal then it usually works out as someone who does drink and wants the specific item will trade into it and others will trade out of it. I don't drink, and I still would go this route as far as purchasing a gift for such an event.

Top Bottom