Another school bus crash, another student dies.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This is awful.

I rarely drive Miguel Jr. and Mini Miguel to school anymore, but today I did and the driving was awful. Not sure if it is people messing with their phones or just being idiots.

I second MrsGungho's motion: SLOW DOWN, WHERE EVER YOU ARE GOING, IT WILL STILL BE THERE 5 MINUTES LATER!

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I drove my sons this morning. If you didn't know the roads were bad it could be dicey real fast. Saw a lot of slide offs, spin outs on overpasses, etc. Should have had a 2hr delay. Bad all-around.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    State Police report says they are awaiting toxicology on the drivers...I find it hard to see how you can miss a school bus in front of you and still keep your truck on the road.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Prayers for the families. It really breaks my heart to think about losing a child.

I will say that where this took place is a very dangerous RxR crossing. It scares me every time I have to stop at it because I'm driving a HazMat load (gas truck). There are multiple crashes there every year. I've had several really close calls myself. We've gone as far as installing bright yellow strobe lights on the back of our trailers for this very reason.

A lot of people just do not pay attention. And a good amount of them have no idea that certain vehicles arw required by law to stop at RxR crossings. I get people who will slow down and stop with me. Then they will attempt to go around me cautiously, wondering why I'm stopping, not realizing that they now have created a road block on 60 mph (posted speed limit) highway.

I'd love for the state or whoever to put in a 3rd lane on the right for slow vehicles that are required to stop.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Seems to me this isn't a speed issue - it's a distracted driver issue.

Drive Now, Talk/Text Later.

that's how I see it, bus stopped at train tracks, bus starts to cross, bam goes truck into back corner of bus.

BigTanker. I never thought of that crossing as dangerous, but I was born and raised there. I remember when the new highway was being built. drove that way to work in Plymouth, every day, for 15 years. I also wasn't in a rig that has to stop at all crossings, it was LONG before cell phones were invented, or towards the end when I moved to Indy, not very widely used.

Now I see the crossing once a month on my up and and my way home from visiting family.

All I can do is offer my prayers for healing. Just to sad this keeps happening.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I drive the terrorists to school every school day. No way on Gods earth I am putting them in the hands of the freaking idiots I see driving the buses.
    Just dropping at the door is a sometimes life threatening issue. People are rude, inconsiderate and just have no ****ing idea how to drive.
    There is not 1 morning that if I were a LEO tickets could be written in multiples. Multiples.

Top Bottom