Amazon "accident" - Skynet has gone online.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Two dozen workers sent to the hospital, one in "critical" condition, all because of a punctured 9oz can of bear spray?

Something doesn't sound right about that.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    2oc7df.jpg
    [/URL] [/IMG]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Two dozen workers sent to the hospital, one in "critical" condition, all because of a punctured 9oz can of bear spray?

Easy. A pre existing condition like asthma. It is my understanding that those sprays can be lethal to those with breathing conditions like that.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I know a guy almost killed by a spray can of paint. Craziest thing ever. A can of spray paint fell off a tow motor and was run over, which caused the can to explode and the metal ball shot out of it hitting the other tow motor driver in the chest. It really messed him up. Wonder if bear spray has a ball in it?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Aside from the asthma possibility and a moral duty to look after employees, Amazon has to be ready to process workers Comp claims. It is in Amazon’s interest to make sure that accurate baseline of who was affected and how much is estblished. I’m a bit surprised that some were treated at the scene and not sent for an evaluation.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    We live in a litigious world, so it should be no surprise that Amazon goes all out to "take care of it's workers"..
    Yes, there is a real possibility of an asmatic episode, or another respiratory issue, but pepper spray doesn't usually cause any long-term side-affects.

Uncomfortable? Yes indeed. Dangerous to one's health? Not likely.
    Want to try something REALLY nasty? Try going through a CS gas tent... go ahead, I'll wait...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Aside from the asthma possibility and a moral duty to look after employees, Amazon has to be ready to process workers Comp claims. It is in Amazon’s interest to make sure that accurate baseline of who was affected and how much is estblished. I’m a bit surprised that some were treated at the scene and not sent for an evaluation.

It is my understanding that the vast majority of these workers are contractors, not amazon employees. At least a while back there were stories about how neglected they are and lack benefits because they are contractors through an agency and not bonafide full or part time employees.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

Amazon makes a concerted effort to NOT send people for outside medical treatment. All of their facilities have contracted clinics in them and calling 911 or otherwise is strongly discouraged. This helps them avoid OSHA 'interest'.

Top Bottom