• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Hi, I am located in NORTHWEST INDIANA in DeMotte IN. I am wanting to possibly buy a 3D printer, does anybody around here have one,so I could see how they work to see if I can operate one.I am not good at computers so I am a little concerned.I remember somebody on here talking about them and would like to see one work.If you can help, I would appreciate it.THANKS

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Check the NWI INGO General thread. Maybe someone in our sub-group hS one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hi Dan. I am in South Bend. That might be a bit far for you but I can probably answer any questions you have. There are a few of use that post in the Thread that ACT link to. Come join us over there. Someone maybe closer to you. We can all help.

Basically, 3d printers are a lot friendlier then they were just a few years ago. If you can work your way around a PC I you will not have much trouble. If you want to get in to 3d modeling there are some simple cad programs that are amazingly powerful for what they are. Fusion 360 is really awesome but more complex to run, but if you are good with a computer you can handle it. There are awesome tutorials on Youtube. There are a lot of Cad programs.

There is software for turning the models in to a printable file (slicer programs). There are great free ones. They aren't that complicated.

Just yell, PM or join us in the 3d print thread. We will help you get going.
    Larry

Top Bottom