• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    So it was snowing when my buddy wanted to go out and have me help check out a .38 spl revolver. A bit too cold for him, so we headed to Point Blank Carmel per his request. First time I’d been there since an RSO threatened to confiscate my suppressor and call the police because I wouldn’t show my tax stamp.... fast forward a couple years to this time.

We first heard this RSO (name withheld) asking a young couple shooting a .22 if his gun was 3-round burst because it wasn’t allowed, wait for it....... while they were firing single shots. The RSO then approached us and asked if he could give us shooting advice based on what he saw. I politely said “no thanks”, and then he began to give Goodcat more advice than I’ve heard in many courses about my shooting. He then wandered over and helped the couple with their gun again, and asked if he could finish off shooting their entire magazine, and did.

For those who only have indoor range access, I applaud your patience. Really.

Edit: I would like to add that during this recent visit, the RSO before this kid came out was very kind and knowledgeable and we had some good chats with him.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    We have a local indoor range, the guys couldn't be nicer. my son and I shot, and had a great time, RSO's just watched and stayed in the background. American Shooter in Clarksville Indiana, they even offered people 1/2 hour free range time for showing your "I voted" sticker election day, and for a while after!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Ive only had one bad dealing with an RSO and swore off that store forever. Fast forward several years later. The range burns down and I get talked into going into the store again and love it and now it's one of my top 3 go to stores.

When I shoot at Point Blank in Greenwood never had an issue with an RSO other than friendly conversation.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    RSO instructing on the range or "finishing a mag" is against written policy at Point Blank. Shift lead or store manager should have been notified. Obviously SOMEONE (RSO) has not read the rules. Carmel has had problems in the past and it appears things still aren't sorted out there.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have only been to Midwest in Elkhart and Kodiak in SB. I have never had a RO interact with me at either place.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Yea. Thats never follwed... I always thought it was only electioneering that wasnt allowed.

Well, I am not sure anyone has ever been convicted of rewarding someone for voting, but it is still a crime if there is a federal candidate on the ballot.

Ron

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    One of the things I don't like about shooting indoors is the headache. Rapid pressure changes in a small space is not comfortable. When it's all I have available though...

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The only RSO I've about come to blows with worked at the outdoor Atterbury range. :xmad:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I'm glad you're reminding me of why I don't go to indoor ranges... Spent a nice 20 minutes 'outside' at the bench yesterday though... Realized that W296 out of a 7.5" 300 BO bbl is quite flashy. SW-BO is not. It was fun. I didn't want to walk down range and repaint the dingers so I went inside and got some coffee. :yesway:

Top Bottom