• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    My buddy has made similar with a raspberry pi with emulator and an SSD. There's no way IMO it's worth 700 bucks.

Considering your background, it's very doable, but it's a time investment as well.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My buddy has made similar with a raspberry pi with emulator and an SSD. There's no way IMO it's worth 700 bucks.

Considering your background, it's very doable, but it's a time investment as well.

Looks like a pi or something in that pic. I like the construction and would pay to not have to make it :):

plus my projects never really get completed :(

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus

I agree but...

$100 for the parts.
    $600 for knowing how to put them together and having the time to execute it in a decent looking package.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My brother builds those once in a while. He works in the arcade biz. Other then the cabinets and the controls being expensive (depending on what you use and want) The rest is pretty easy.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    He said it takes about two weeks to make one. I’m getting the one he posted so probably deleted it.

1911ly: have him keep building them! Very cool. Is there any copyright issue with the ROMs at this point?

It is, but no one is enforcing it that I know of.

That board looks pretty sweet!

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He said it takes about two weeks to make one. I’m getting the one he posted so probably deleted it.

1911ly: have him keep building them! Very cool. Is there any copyright issue with the ROMs at this point?
    he needs to stay low key and under the radar. If the IP owners catch on that he is making a profit off their works he will get a c&d letter. He can claim all he wants that he is not "selling" the ROMs but I doubt that will save him. He might be able to sell the hardware only and buyers would need to source the ROMs for themselves. Nothing to worry about on your end though.

Top Bottom