• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Long story short, there is a friend of my son in his rotc group, good kid heavy load on his shoulders. He works as much as he can at a restaurant, so a lot of his meals are covered. I would very much like for some gift cards to find their way to him. Teachers have already declined to help. Because we have to respect their privacy, I call Bravo Sierra on that one!

I really don't know many of the teachers there so I am kind of limited. So I was thinking of asking Sergeant Major to give them to him.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We were trying to be annomous, about it. 14 and supporting his family is a tough row to hoe. I was thinking about putting them in an envelope and having my son put them in his backpack perhaps

That might lead to loss. Accidental of course.
    I understand the need to remain anonymous. But maybe just take a minute and let him know how much you respect what he is doing. Just an idea.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    “Hey, I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about what a great leader you are for your family and explained your situation. He gave me $250 to give you to help out but said i wasn’t allowed to tell you who he was. When he was younger he did something similar and wants to encourage your efforts.”

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We were trying to be annomous, about it. 14 and supporting his family is a tough row to hoe. I was thinking about putting them in an envelope and having my son put them in his backpack perhaps
    Battle buddies. Have your son hand them to him with a merry Christmas. You always look out for each other.

Good for you guys for this

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Talk to the restaurant manager.
    If the kid is THAT hard of a restaurant worker, the manager should be more than happy to be part of this.

I know I would.

Top Bottom