• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    HHhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm not much of the Boy Scouts I grew up with left after the snowflakes have had their way with them. This is a sad thing.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I was just thinking....if they are doing this to stave off pending or upcoming civil suits for the misdeeds of the past....won't those litigants and their lawyers set their sites on the local Council instead? I know last week there was a Scout Leader arrested up in Muncie for 5 charges of sexual misconduct with a minor (the boy was 15). That's not going to be cheap. if the councils start folding then do they go after the chartering organizations? I can see CO's dropping their charters like dirty socks...no charters, then no Councils, then no BSA.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I got this in my email from Boy Scouts of America.

db8301e6de8953ad8568651b760df902118f6182d1b496af8538681285c7c578.png
    I am writing to you today in anticipation of news reports that will speculate about the BSA’s financial position. We have an important duty, and an incredible opportunity, to focus as an organization on keeping children safe, supported and protected, and preparing youth for their futures through our nation’s foremost program of character development and values-based leadership training.

To do so in perpetuity, we are working with experts to explore all options available to ensure that the local and national programming of the Boy Scout of America continues uninterrupted. We have a social and moral responsibility to fairly compensate victims who suffered abuse during their time in Scouting, and we also have an obligation to carry out our mission to serve youth, families and local communities through our programs.

We care deeply about all victims of child sex abuse and we are steadfast in our belief that one incident of child abuse is one too many. We sincerely apologize to anyone who was harmed during their time in our programs. As you all know, we have always taken care of victims – we believe them, we believe in fairly compensating them and we have paid for unlimited counseling, by a provider of their choice, regardless of the amount of time that has passed since an instance of abuse. Throughout our history we have taken proactive steps to help victims heal and prevent future abuse. I want to stress that at no time in our history have we knowingly allowed a sexual predator to work with youth, and we always seek to act swiftly when alerted to abuse allegations.

Please know that these matters continue to have the full attention of the highest levels of our organization, and we will communicate transparently as there are developments or updates to share. I wanted to update you today due to the news speculation, and I want to assure you that our daily mission will continue and that there are no imminent actions or immediate decisions expected.

Thank you for your continued support of the Boy Scouts of America.
    c3f6e1a46e4245e7071337928702be0cde3e4a65b8528714568f395a148d612d.jpg
    Michael B. Surbaugh
    Chief Scout Executive

blurr95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    I really believe the pressure from all the alphabet weirdo groups put them in the corner.

Yeah when some get pushed in a corner, they give in. When others get pushed in a corner, they stand and fight for what they believe in. Just saying.

Jason

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah when some get pushed in a corner, they give in. When others get pushed in a corner, they stand and fight for what they believe in. Just saying.

Jason

I agree they folded. Possibly form a lack of funds to fight the wacko's but a lack of balls might also be an issue.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I agree they folded. Possibly form a lack of funds to fight the wacko's but a lack of balls might also be an issue.
    Girl scouts dont even have half the funding the boy scouts do and they don't have any problems. It's all from taking away a young man's masculinity. Boys have a penis girls have a vagina. Boys join the boy scouts girls join the girl scouts.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And what could go wrong by allowing gay scout masters and women in the Boy Scouts?

and what could go wrong allowing cross dressing men in women’s bathrooms??? Surely nothing!

Top Bottom