• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    From Reddit:

No current news article as it just happened within the last 30 minutes. Info I have gathered:

14 y/o child took 5 guns from mother's house

Was holding mother's baby daddy (unsure if bio-father, as this is how it was reported) hostage near middle school.

When cops were arriving, suspect ran into school, opened fire on police. (Unsure if police fired back, assuming not due to students in the building)

Suspect was trapped in stairwell away from students.

At one point camera feed showed the suspect not moving, blood could be seen from under the door. Suspect the moved, while distressed.

Suspect is then pronounced deceased. Mwdics on route.

After a sweep, no students injured. Being evac'd to High School. No officers injured. Some students still in hiding.

Edit:

Confirmations coming in

https://twitter.com/JBedellWHIO/status/1073217065564164097

https://www.whio.com/news/local/richmond-community-schools-lockdown/lBPvrPgtk2zn0SAkjFe8FJ/

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Probably in most cases the parents are out of control, too.
    Yep, no family structure, no morals being taught to kids. Parents that just let TV and the internet and game systems or the streets raise their kids because they are crap parents who should have never reproduced. Parents need to start being locked up for what their neglected and criminal kids do. If they are negligent. Some parents try their best they just have insane little monsters

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Responsible parents also store their guns properly out of the reach of those not authorized to have access to them.

I heard there may be a safe storage bill before the state legislature this session. If we do not act responsibly our lawmakers will attempt to force us to do so.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I know you are right, but when it comes to school shootings (which get all the press) I struggle to remember one where the kid came from an intact household.

Friend of mine will be posting as soon as it comes out that the kind was on some sort of mood altering drug. Other friends will post something about 'Teachers risk their lives so you can have your guns' or some such.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    My wife works in a high school office. I can tell you first hand that 90 % of info shared on Facebook and news stations is false. A bad situation happened last year and the things people put on Facebook were so far off it wasn’t funny. Sad really. Either way it’s a bad situation and it’s unfortunate

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It's a job for 2 married people, but....

But not always. I lost my wife to cancer when our daughter was 13. Unlike many my daughter has been around firearms all her life. My wife and I shot trap off our back porch, with our daughter fully aware of what we were doing since she was 3, yes three years old. Was expecting the day to come when she would want to try her hand at what mommy and daddy were doing. I loaded my own 20GA shells and had a couple of very light stuff made up just in case.

Well the day came when the three year old said she wanted to try. So I fully explained that firearms were not toys and their function, and only used with mommy or daddy in charge. Yeah a 3 year old probably wouldn't understand, but my daughter agreed so I loaded one round, made sure of her trigger discipline and got behind her to hold the stock just in case she dropped the shotgun after firing from the hip. She yelled "PULL", my wife fired the trap, daughter fired the shotgun and even though she was nowhere near the clay, she yelled "again, again". She was hooked.

My daughter really took to shooting, and actually turned down competition sponsorship from a major manufacturer to pursue other interests. I raised her solo to this day. Put up with the standard stuff during her teen years and into college. Never once did she ever think about using a firearm other than for protection or sport. I never had to lock up firearms around her because she was taught by a single parent that firearms were to be respected.

It makes me sick to see parents these days that can't teach their children the same values.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Sounds like damn good response by the police as well as effective securing of the school. Props to whoever made the call, and to whoever received the call and acted swiftly on that information. It sounds like that tip may have made a huge difference.

I agree with the belief that people need to get their worthless spawn under control.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    But not always. I lost my wife to cancer when our daughter was 13. Unlike many my daughter has been around firearms all her life. My wife and I shot trap off our back porch, with our daughter fully aware of what we were doing since she was 3, yes three years old. Was expecting the day to come when she would want to try her hand at what mommy and daddy were doing. I loaded my own 20GA shells and had a couple of very light stuff made up just in case.

Well the day came when the three year old said she wanted to try. So I fully explained that firearms were not toys and their function, and only used with mommy or daddy in charge. Yeah a 3 year old probably wouldn't understand, but my daughter agreed so I loaded one round, made sure of her trigger discipline and got behind her to hold the stock just in case she dropped the shotgun after firing from the hip. She yelled "PULL", my wife fired the trap, daughter fired the shotgun and even though she was nowhere near the clay, she yelled "again, again". She was hooked.

My daughter really took to shooting, and actually turned down competition sponsorship from a major manufacturer to pursue other interests. I raised her solo to this day. Put up with the standard stuff during her teen years and into college. Never once did she ever think about using a firearm other than for protection or sport. I never had to lock up firearms around her because she was taught by a single parent that firearms were to be respected.

It makes me sick to see parents these days that can't teach their children the same values.

The fact that there are those who do heroic work in parenting like you doesn't alter the general rule that this is a 2 person job. Ask yourself, would you rather have done this as a team?

I applaud everyone who is confronted with a situation they would have given anything to prevent and yet perform wonderfully as parents, nonetheless. In fact, studies show that kids that come from 1 parent homes where the parent's absence is due to unpreventable tragedy do much better than those raised in 1 parent homes where both parents are still alive or where one parent is absence due to their own criminality.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The fact that there are those who do heroic work in parenting like you doesn't alter the general rule that this is a 2 person job. Ask yourself, would you rather have done this as a team?

I applaud everyone who is confronted with a situation they would have given anything to prevent and yet perform wonderfully as parents, nonetheless. In fact, studies show that kids that come from 1 parent homes where the parent's absence is due to unpreventable tragedy do much better than those raised in 1 parent homes where both parents are still alive or where one parent is absence due to their own criminality.

Agree, and thanks.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So we have (or had in this case) a teenager with a real or perceived grudge. The Dennis Intermediate School in Richmond is 5-8th grade, so it's quite possible the now-dead potential mass-murderer attended this school.

Someone had information and called 911. From that point everyone reacted to a threat, the threat was met with violence, and the threat was stopped. Like so often, by the threat's own hand.

We ("we" in this case is everyone except the now dead potential mass-murderer) got lucky. If ANYTHING in the reporting process broke down, or if the response time had been longer, or if it wasn't in a city but 15 miles from the nearest small town, we wouldn't have gotten lucky.

98% of mass public shootings in the United States since 1950 have occurred in gun free zones.--Dr John Lott

Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man.-- General George S. Patton.

Top Bottom