RIP Sergeant Benton Bertram of Charletown Police Department....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Heartbreaking news that hits close to home.....I didn't know him but one of my customers and a very good friend served with him on the force...They were very good friends.....

RIP and God bless you Sir and thanks as well for your service to southern Indiana and Charlestown.......

[video=youtube;QLOm7iFv0k0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLOm7iFv0k0[/video]

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I hate it for the officer and his family. The suspect should have still been in jail from his previous crimes he’d committed in the past.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I talked to a former Scott County Deputy today...Bertram was a K9 officer and his dog was in the car as well...Pretty banged up but they think he'll be alright...The former Deputy's brother was one of the first on the scene....They found the dog after an hour, he was just wandering around dazed and banged up.....

Just a bad situation all the way around.....

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    First off. Condolences to this young mans family. This should have never happened.

Start rant: It is a shame he lost his life to a guy who should have been in jail. And it is a shame his family will now sit and hear the Judges and Prosecutors and Lawyers say how sorry they are. Our judicial system is a joke. Look at this guys record and tell me with an honest face this dont **** you off. Everytime a cop gets killed it's by someone who should be in jail. The cops risk their life to arrest them and then prosecutors and judges free em. We, as a society, should demand our prosecutors and judges sentence repeat offenders and probation violations to jail time! Look at his record on mycase..since he was 17 until today.

Sorry for sounding so cold but this makes my blood boil. I see this everyday, people commit crimes time and time again...and never do a day in jail! Then we all pay the price for their crimes and "rehabilitation". This work release in Danville is a joke as well. I would like to know the success rate of that place.... End rant.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My cousin, an INGO member and Deputy in the neighboring county changed his pic on Facebook to this....

48356080_10156532539861084_8234945121099972608_n.jpg

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    First off. Condolences to this young mans family. This should have never happened.

Start rant: It is a shame he lost his life to a guy who should have been in jail. And it is a shame his family will now sit and hear the Judges and Prosecutors and Lawyers say how sorry they are. Our judicial system is a joke. Look at this guys record and tell me with an honest face this dont **** you off. Everytime a cop gets killed it's by someone who should be in jail. The cops risk their life to arrest them and then prosecutors and judges free em. We, as a society, should demand our prosecutors and judges sentence repeat offenders and probation violations to jail time! Look at his record on mycase..since he was 17 until today.

Sorry for sounding so cold but this makes my blood boil. I see this everyday, people commit crimes time and time again...and never do a day in jail! Then we all pay the price for their crimes and "rehabilitation". This work release in Danville is a joke as well. I would like to know the success rate of that place.... End rant.

Your rant is spot on. I’ve arrested the suspect multiple times over my career. My first arrest of him was after a pursuit when he fled from me after threatening his family with a machete. He’s been in and out of jail his whole life, which obviously hasn’t helped him. I’ve heard his last stint was cut short because he wrote the judge a letter of how he wanted out of jail to get rehab and turn his life around. Now an officer is dead.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Your rant is spot on. I’ve arrested the suspect multiple times over my career. My first arrest of him was after a pursuit when he fled from me after threatening his family with a machete. He’s been in and out of jail his whole life, which obviously hasn’t helped him. I’ve heard his last stint was cut short because he wrote the judge a letter of how he wanted out of jail to get rehab and turn his life around. Now an officer is dead.

I've heard the same.....

Top Bottom