• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I absolutely love Christmas music. Mainly traditional Christian ones, but I enjoy some of the secular ones at times too. Not a fan of the station in Indy this year but Pandora has a good contemporary Christian Christmas music station.

There’s just something special about signing silent night in a darkened church as you hold a candle. Or a professional singer on stage in a dress belting out O Holy Night.

I remember having a great time as a kid singing the chorus of Angels we have Heard on High next to my grandfather in church. I remember how impressed I was that he spoke Latin :D

anyway, just wanted to post about my love of this season and all that comes with it

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I agree Doc. I always enjoy our Christmas Eve Service when we keep the Worship Center barely lit to start with and then end with the lights out and everyone singing while holding candles.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I love Christmas music as well. I prefer the songs I grew up with. Bing Crosby singing most of them, but gotta have Dean Martin for Silver Bells, Burl Ives for Holly Jolly Christmas and Jimmy Durante singing Frosty the Snowman ;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would probably enjoy Christmas music more if stores didn't start playing it in October. :n00b: But I do agree, although I rarely make it anymore, there is something kinda magical about a Christmas Eve service at church.

455 Beretta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    WLaf
    I used to be a crank, grinch, scrooge...then I was saved...I love turning on the Direct TV song channels this time of year. Kids are in high school, every year is one less Christmas to experience. I like to soak it all in!

Merry Christmas to all you old coots and youngins alike.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    My favorite Christmas song is "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence"

1 Let all mortal flesh keep silence,
    and with fear and trembling stand;
    ponder nothing earthly minded,
    for with blessing in His hand
    Christ our God to earth descendeth,
    our full homage to demand.

2 King of kings, yet born of Mary,
    as of old on earth He stood,
    Lord of lords, in human vesture -
    in the body and the blood.
    He will give to all the faithful
    His own self for heavenly food.

3 Rank on rank the host of heaven
    spreads its vanguard on the way,
    as the Light of light descendeth
    from the realms of endless day,
    that the pow'rs of hell may vanish
    as the darkness clears away.

4 At His feet the six-winged seraph,
    cherubim, with sleepless eye,
    veil their faces to the Presence,
    as with ceaseless voice they cry,
    “Alleluia, alleluia!
    Alleluia, Lord most high!”

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Along with sounds and sights of Christmas music by candlelight at church goes the aroma of frankincense. We actually have some at home to provide the proper ambiance.

And our FWACB Christmas concert:
    [video=youtube;9eZeZWC1Pog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eZeZWC1Pog[/video]

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    this I like....

I agree Doc. I always enjoy our Christmas Eve Service when we keep the Worship Center barely lit to start with and then end with the lights out and everyone singing while holding candles.

A properly done rendition of Silent night is just the best.

Oh Holy Night is my favorite, especially when done a capella by a talented singer to a traditional arrangement... can bring me to tears.

but I cannot stand most Christmas music.... the horrible arrangements of classics, the over-performing artists who think they have to go all Whitney Houston "I will always love you" on a hymn. Just yuck. Sorry trendy pop-artist, you cannot make some Carroll "yours" by butchering it. I hate Christmas shopping enough, pipe that crap into the stores and it just makes me want to run for the doors.

-rvb

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I would probably enjoy Christmas music more if stores didn't start playing it in October. :n00b: But I do agree, although I rarely make it anymore, there is something kinda magical about a Christmas Eve service at church.

I agree. I don't mind Christmas music, but between stores and local radio stations, I am burnt out on it about 2 days after Thanksgiving.

Top Bottom