• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    No, not the products they sell. It's the essence of the ad. The people in the commercial say they work for Chevy. I call pure marketing bull dookie to just sell vehicles. I hate that crap plus none of those "employees" work on the line assembling a danged thing except their executive portfolio$. Only exec's work for a specific brand. Next year is a contract year so GM announced they are closing plants. Good close them at least until speculators drive the cost of crude oil again and everyone drops their SUVs and pickup trucks. Am I bitter? Yup! I think since next year they are "planning" on closing or idling these plants is because of contract talks are in 2019. Ultimate leverage against the UAW for bargaining. Time will tell.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The "American" car manufacturers are screwing themselves (Ford and GM I don't count Chrysler anymore as Fiat owns it) when gas goes back to to $3+ a gallon people won't be buying these giant ridiculously expensive trucks and SUVs andmore and move back to smaller cars and whatnot. But in their short sightedness the American car companies have basically stopped making cars (Ford is dropping all tbr cars but the mustang if I remember right) .

They are ceding HUGE market shares to the "foreign" companies (Honda, Toyota and the like) when I bought my new car I looked at all of the "American brands" and honestly they aren't even trying to be competitive at this point outside of Trucks and SUVs. I predict in the next 10 years one of the "Big 3" will no longer exist.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    So the car industry, !!!! It's a Mess when so much of the effort of building a car/engine/system is dealing with the piles and piles of regulation from DOT/EPA/ECT. ECT. The strangle hold that the EPA is putting on the engines is getting beyond what is possible to build. When the Emissions solution package is becoming impossible to make and the regulation moves faster than even pie in the sky tech can keep up Something has to break at some point and I think were about to see the breaking point.

If you will dig into what the emissions systems are doing you'll find out that in about 2002 the auto emissions were fixed. There has been no significant gain OR significant "pollution" from vehicles since the 2002 emissions were enacted. All the BS that has been done since then is nothing but extra cost to someone buying a vehicle.

I usually like to show my sources for this but I can't find them today. IN the book Factfulness (https://erpinnews.com/factfulness-summary-hans-rosling) They call out the study that confirms what I'm saying.

I am not saying the car industry is managed perfectly I'm saying the gov't is doing to the auto industry what they are doing to the medical industry and we see how that's going.

I believe the car manufactures are putting toys in your cars to distract you from the loss if reliability and over complication of the basic engine.

When the big 3 are gone and then the Japanese company's are destroyed, And if you ever get a chance to see what a true Chinese vehicle looks and feels like your going to wish you could buy a chevy impala again (or whatever your idea of a plain sedan is)

If you are in a position where a EV (Electric Vehicle) will meet your daily needs then great but for those of us that live more than our EV range from work to home or pursue endeavors that are out of range of your EV, then we are going to get creative in the future. I don't have the answer but I do know that its going to cost money and more money for me to live the life I choose. That in itself is a way to control me. When gov't regulation runs you out of the life you choose to live that is the most subtle and complete type of control any gov't can have. It's more manageable than Stazi sitting in everyone's driveway. (sorry I got on my soap box)

Ohh by the way I hate the commercial also , and going PC on Cartoons that a generation grew up on is just a way of the Millennial getting revenge for non millennial calling them cry baby, inept, heart on their sleeve, wastes of human flesh.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    When Chevy started those stupid commercials claiming the participants where "real people, not actors" I wondered who should be more offended. Actors or "real people"? Then I noticed the people in the commercials were different from one scene to the next. Latest ad? C'mon Chevy. Just buy out the Andy Mohr girl's contract and have her say you'll sell the truck to any sucker at the same price you give your employees.

PS. I love the Progressive Insurance commercial spoofing the Chevy ads by pointing out the participants are "actors, not real people".

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    In a recent ad campaign, Chevrolet made the claim that their cars are “more reliable” than Honda, Toyota, and Ford. This claim is based on some very selective survey data that Chevy sponsored. Toyota has disputed Chevrolet’s claim—and now the ad’s been pulled from the rotation.

o5gnuuyaqyytiz47i7i7.png

https://jalopnik.com/chevrolet-pull...LRuSo8agtUcbKNfifRyVdJcCKNxrOmFiJwIIzVhboMM4Y

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...fter-challenges-ford-toyota-honda/2585826002/

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/18/chevy-reliability-commercial-criticized/

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The newest Silverado ad: "I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll"...I honestly never anticipated that an ad campaign would be built around the lyrics to an old Donny and Marie song.

[video=youtube;EhNFtoY4nNo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhNFtoY4nNo[/video]

[video=youtube;k60n61zFrms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k60n61zFrms[/video]

Top Bottom