• ...and so much more!
  • Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    T-Mobile coverage

We are looking to cut unnecessary expenses and Verizon is just stupid expensive. Does anyone have any current or recent experience(in the last 6 months) with them? My concern is the rural areas in between major towns. I don't have any desire to drop down to 3G or Edge service, if there is any service at all, when not in town. Verizon has LTE coverage almost everywhere and that will be hard to give up.

My main concern would be my commute to and working in Kokomo. We also visit with family and friends in Putnam County which would likely be the biggest issue.

Last edited:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    It's been several years, but when I had T-Mobile I had nothing good to say about them. Straight Talk and Crickett though bounce off of Verizon and ATT towers. So its essentially ATT/Verizon service

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Rural areas I'd have to go with Verizon. My family live all over the country and the one stability of cell service is Verizon coverage.
    I GOT RID OF Verizon a few years back because they gave anyone new introductory offers at a cheaper rate. The old customers didn't get the option or courtesy. I told them to bugger themselves off and leave me alone. I went to Boost (Sprint) and couldn't be happier. There are some bare areas I've ran into but it's not a downside for my use.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are stepping away from AT&T in June when the current contract is up. The service is fine but the money is just to much. We are also dropping 2 of the lines as the kids are going out on their own.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I've had Tmobile for over 16 years. For the most part the coverage is good but I do run into dead spots here and there. From Plainfield to Kokomo you should be good all the way. I have no idea about Putnam County but suggest you check out their coverage map.
    To the folks saying Boost(Sprint) keep in mind that Tmobile is in the process of absorbing Sprint.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have had very good service with Virgin Mobile. When I am way out in the country, two (2) miles SE of Hwy 101 & 124 it can get spotty but I still have coverage.

The only gripe I have now is that VM only uses Iphones, and if my Samsung dies I may well change. I HATE being forced to chose one brand over the other.

Regards and Merry Christmas,

Doug

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    We're using Total Wireless. We get unlimited talk/text for $25 a month on Verizon towers. Neither one of us use much data so we just add a $10 data card whenever we need it. I think we put 2 on my wife's phone this entire year and one on mine. If you use more data you can get unlimited talk/text and 6Gb data for $35 a month.

We had Straight Talk before, again on Verizon towers. It was $50 a month, we just didn't need that much data so we went with TW instead. No problem with either service. IIRC Straight Talk & Total Wireless are both owned by TracPhone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We're using Total Wireless. We get unlimited talk/text for $25 a month on Verizon towers. Neither one of us use much data so we just add a $10 data card whenever we need it. I think we put 2 on my wife's phone this entire year and one on mine. If you use more data you can get unlimited talk/text and 6Gb data for $35 a month.

We had Straight Talk before, again on Verizon towers. It was $50 a month, we just didn't need that much data so we went with TW instead. No problem with either service. IIRC Straight Talk & Total Wireless are both owned by TracPhone.

We will both need some data. The phones do get used. I will have to look at what we consume a month right now. And we will both need to keep our numbers. This is important.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    Church mouse if you are a vet call TMobile and discuss military plans. We have 3 lines with unlimited everything and they pay our Netflix! All for $107 per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    We will both need some data. The phones do get used. I will have to look at what we consume a month right now. And we will both need to keep our numbers. This is important.

The add on data cards are $10 for 5 Gb. They can be combined and they will roll over. We don't really use much data. Neither one of us stream on our phones. My wife uses Facebook on hers all the time along with a weather app. I use mine for the weather apps and the occasional banking while I'm out. Both phones are hooked to the Wi-Fi while we're home.

We've got a couple of friends that use this plan as too. It works well for families that have various data users. The members that don't use much get the $25 unlimited plan and add data as they need it. The ones that use more get the $35 plan that comes with 5Gb per month. If they go over that then they are responsible for buying their own $10 card.

You have to have their phones, but there is a decent selection and some of them aren't expensive. They also have the nicer ones if those are needed. It's worth looking into for those that want/need Verizon towers without the Verizon price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The add on data cards are $10 for 5 Gb. They can be combined and they will roll over. We don't really use much data. Neither one of us stream on our phones. My wife uses Facebook on hers all the time along with a weather app. I use mine for the weather apps and the occasional banking while I'm out. Both phones are hooked to the Wi-Fi while we're home.

We've got a couple of friends that use this plan as too. It works well for families that have various data users. The members that don't use much get the $25 unlimited plan and add data as they need it. The ones that use more get the $35 plan that comes with 5Gb per month. If they go over that then they are responsible for buying their own $10 card.

You have to have their phones, but there is a decent selection and some of them aren't expensive. They also have the nicer ones if those are needed. It's worth looking into for those that want/need Verizon towers without the Verizon price.

Not changing phones. We both have very new I-Phones. Also seriously need to keep our present numbers. Spouse has had her number since the stone age of pull up antenna flip phones. She got hers a few years before I did. I have had mine since 1996 when I got my 1st phone.

I will occasionally Ingo on my phone if I am waiting on the spouse at a Dr's appoint. or the 11 year old G-daughter. The 11 year old has a art class on Thursday night. I set in the truck for an hour as it is a 35 minute roll out to get there..

How did we ever survive with out them.....:dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Church mouse if you are a vet call TMobile and discuss military plans. We have 3 lines with unlimited everything and they pay our Netflix! All for $107 per month.

I am not. I am very glad you can get this perk and thanks for your service.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

that is an awesome deal and one I need to talk to the hubby about. I am tired of paying way to much with Sprint for 3 lines. And netflix is used A LOT in our home.

Top Bottom