• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I just realized I've been an :ingo: type for six years now. I found this place right after Sandy Hook because I had serious concerns about what was going to happen to 2A rights in the aftermath. Walking into Fort Liberty in Avon and seeing (practically) no guns or ammo told me I wasn't the only one who thought this way.

I was not new to online forums when I came here. This is the only one I've been on where you can actually meet the people behind the avatar and keyboard.

I can't begin to say how many INGOers I've met. A lot of them aren't here anymore, but a lot are here. Kind of like real life. On a very cold day in Feb 2013 I met several in front of the Statehouse. One was Que, he spoke at that rally and was outstanding.

I've met INGOers at Meet and Eats (INGOers like to eat I've noticed), at the range (INGOers like to shoot too I've noticed), at AllenM's (once there was food and INGOers, usually it was just me writing a check), at the 1500 (with traditional pre-show breakfast with Churchmouse at Charlie Brown's; then head on a swivel for the disgruntled and recently banned), at safe locations buying/selling firearms, even on an overpass with the Bhasen Brothers.

Inside the Statehouse I've met several. Both Bills (Brother III and of Rights) as well as Guy Relford and Kirk Freeman (always sit near the 2A lawyers, otherwise you'll be next to a crazy person). That's where I met GFGT the first time too. The mad moms in the matching shirts (paid for by a nanny-state elitist) will always outnumber us, but we have the data and the truth.

My biggest take away is that we're all different people from different backgrounds who have different views on different issues. We aren't some homogeneous blob.

Take care, see ya'll around the Internet and other places.

K

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Been doing some the same things for almost nine years and having to deal with a person who likes PINK guns. Proud to be a NWI Region Rat.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really enjoyed those breakfasts and the 1500's we were fortunate enough to do. I will miss them.

Might come out and hang at the NRA booth with you at the next one.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I too have been a member for a while, including a ban for a few years for my stupidity, being re-instated was great, hoping to meet more INGOers in the future, where is the 1500 held? Never been but thinking of going..

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Several reasons.
    Aw, man! I am bummed. The NRA-ILA won't crank up again until the 2020 election season, so probably this summer. I liked working that booth, but I had to be on my game. At the INGO booth I just had fun. Bail out/Mexico Joe Donnelly is unemployed. That's why I volunteered with the NRA-ILA, but I did really like working the INGO booth.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Aw, man! I am bummed. The NRA-ILA won't crank up again until the 2020 election season, so probably this summer. I liked working that booth, but I had to be on my game. At the INGO booth I just had fun. Bail out/Mexico Joe Donnelly is unemployed. That's why I volunteered with the NRA-ILA, but I did really like working the INGO booth.

Well..........I am not sure how on my game I would be at the NRA booth.

Top Bottom