• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I worked on a couple different construction barges in the Gulf back in the 90s. They had pretty large cranes and GINORMOUS spools they would wind 4" pipe on to go out and lay.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Biggest drill I've been around was like this - image_939.jpg

Average is this - D24x40-S3_action8_lr.jpg

Ive worked around these and other construction equipment for 20 yrs. Mostly backhoes, dozers, front end loaders

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Biggest type plane I've load planned and loaded cargo on. Until the C-5M came along, we called them FRED. Flying Ridiculous Economical Disaster.

m-2317.jpg

The KC-10 was much harder to load plan and all the cargo had to be loaded via K-Loader.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Biggest equipment I ever operated was my wife.
    The only I got out of 10 years of marriage was a bad back. :(

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    129,000 lbs right next to your Civic at 65 mph. This is what I drive a work most days. 9 axles total. 13,400 gallon capacity. 40,000 pounds empty.

I run it mostly in Michigan. There are a few places between NWI and South Bend I can legally go loaded over 80,000 lbs.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    This is the biggest equipment I program at my job now. The speed and accuracy are more impressive than it's size.

[video=youtube;n-G1fKx-Nms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-G1fKx-Nms[/video]

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    Biggest drill I've been around was like this - View attachment 73219

Average is this - View attachment 73220

Ive worked around these and other construction equipment for 20 yrs. Mostly backhoes, dozers, front end loaders

I have never understood these. How do you get them going in a horizontal direction? And how do you get them to go back up? Or even stay on course for that matter? I see them everyday working by the roads. -Jason

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have never understood these. How do you get them going in a horizontal direction? And how do you get them to go back up? Or even stay on course for that matter? I see them everyday working by the roads. -Jason
    It has an angled head on the front end. If it is spinning, it goes straight. If it's not spinning it will go the direction the angled head is pointing. The operator has a clock face, looking gage so he can tell the orientation of the angled head. Want it to go down, orient the head, then push. There is a guy following the head with a locator, so he can tell where it's at and how deep it is.

Top Bottom