• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brucecrain

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have Xfinity mobile. It’s a straight forward plan but if you finance a phone be warned about the 30 day exchange. They tired to charge me $300 because there “Was some scratches on the screen” but I only had it for a day... overall if you bring your own phone or just stick with the first one you get you should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Thanks! I’m gonna go for it. Saving at least 10 bucks..... it all adds up. Wife and I will use our own phones.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    We just switched to xfinity mobile the week befor Thanksgiving. I have no problems with coverage. I'm a truck driver in central Indiana so I'm all over the place. I got a new phone because Xfinity doesn't let you bring an Android phone to their plan. If you have a Iphone you are good to go. -Jason

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Verizon's and area coveage... I have no complaints...

Verizon's network is better overall, except at my house. AT&T has an antenna close enough for me to have reasonable coverage in my house. Verizon could never get an antenna within range to give my tiny little dead spot decent service.

Looks like the point is mute to me though anyway. I would never use an iphone.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Looks like the point is mute to me though anyway. I would never use an iphone.

Well, aren’t you special!

I get a kick out of folks who say things like this. I’ve been using an iPhone it seems like forever. They’re not perfect but they are a decent phone. Not without their issues, but then neither are the others.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We just switched to xfinity mobile the week befor Thanksgiving. I have no problems with coverage. I'm a truck driver in central Indiana so I'm all over the place. I got a new phone because Xfinity doesn't let you bring an Android phone to their plan. If you have a Iphone you are good to go. -Jason

Did you keep your old number. That is important with us.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

I think cell phone #’s are generally portable when you switch carriers.

My daughters were both on my Verizon plan and switched to their own accounts and at least one of them switched carriers and still have their old #’s.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Well, aren’t you special!

I get a kick out of folks who say things like this. I’ve been using an iPhone it seems like forever. They’re not perfect but they are a decent phone. Not without their issues, but then neither are the others.

I say the same thing

Not because I am special, because I have ALWAYS had an android. As my father says all the time "If it isn't broke, why fix it?" And I am pleased with the android and the platform they have out. Not a slam on IPhone, just preference.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I say the same thing

Not because I am special, because I have ALWAYS had an android. As my father says all the time "If it isn't broke, why fix it?" And I am pleased with the android and the platform they have out. Not a slam on IPhone, just preference.

And I’m fine with that. Your choice, your $, your preference.

I just tire of the faux moral superiority of the antiApple crowd which is what I took the original post to be. Just as I tire of the same from the Apple crowd.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In

Yes we all kept our numbers. I had verizion Android, wife had sprint Iphone, and daughter was on her Grandma's plan verizion Iphone.

I say the same thing

I like the Android because it has expandable memory. I store a lot of photos and other things on my phone, so it works very well for me. I also liked my old Samsung phone better because I could replace the battery myself. It was 5 years old when I switched to this new Samsung S9. Time will tell if it last that long on 1 battery. -Jason

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Yes we all kept our numbers. I had verizion Android, wife had sprint Iphone, and daughter was on her Grandma's plan verizion Iphone.

I like the Android because it has expandable memory. I store a lot of photos and other things on my phone, so it works very well for me. I also liked my old Samsung phone better because I could replace the battery myself. It was 5 years old when I switched to this new Samsung S9. Time will tell if it last that long on 1 battery. -Jason

Expandable memory, battery replacement and charging cables are issues with iPhones - I’ll admit that. But since I’ve used one for so long I guess I’m used to it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Tim Cook has taken more than one political stand that I don't agree with including against the state of Indiana's RFRA law.

I would never support his company with a dime of my money. His company should should stick to electronics and out of politics if they don't choose to foolishly eliminate part of their customer base.

Apple CEO Lauds Gun-Control Activists; ...

...Speaking at Duke University, where he graduated from business school 30 years ago, Cook urged the students to reject the status quo and be fearless.

"Fearless like the students of Parkland, Florida, who refuse to be silent about the epidemic of gun violence and have rallied millions to their cause," Cook said to rousing applause...

...Fearless like those who fight for the rights of immigrants, who understand that our only hope for the future is one that embraces all who want to contribute."...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom