• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm in the process of replacing the sliders on a kitchen counter drawer. I measured the drawer and the original slide carefully before ordering the replacement parts. The good news is, the half that attaches to the drawer is a good match. The bad new is that the part that attaches inside the cabinet is several inches too short.

Is it common for drawers to have this kind of mismatch? Do I need to order an additional set of hardware long enough to mount in the cabinet?

Thanks!

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Try one, keeping the front flush with the frame. Think about it, all the weight is on the face frame and the frame rail. It just maybe ok. When the drawer is closed, well, you know.....................

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Drawer slides come in several iterations. Some are full extension in which the drawer opens all the way giving you easy access to the rear of the drawer. Some are partial extension in which the drawer will open about 75% of the way.

If I saw what you are working with, I would be more helpful. Depending on the type of slides you have, they might have to attach to the rear of the cabinet to provide the structural support needed. Usually the part that attaches to the drawer are the length of the drawer and the part that attaches to the cabinet are the same depth as the cabinet depth.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The fronts of the rails are screwed into the wood of the cabinet frame. The rear of the rails are resting in plastic things that are screwed into the cabinet. I have replacement plastic things, but the rails are too short!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ETA: I think I would take a drawer out, remove the slide, and take it to the store with me and get a direct replacement. That is, unless you're wanting to put an upgraded set in.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    ETA: I think I would take a drawer out, remove the slide, and take it to the store with me and get a direct replacement. That is, unless you're wanting to put an upgraded set in.

Rhino, do this if you can. It will save you a lot of aggravation. There are so many different styles and sizes.

Top Bottom