• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    We were at the range this week end and you have to check in, no carry so I had my Dan wesson out of the holster and cleared on the counter. I guess the guy behind us asked about it. I did not know. My wife let me know he was asking about it , before I could respond my wife said he said something to the effect of people carrying a High Dollar 1911 think they are better than anyone else. Me being me I signed back to him i like it a lot and I worked for over 3 years to buy it.
    His response was to flip me off.

Must be a lot of unhappy people out there.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Ignore the barking dogs along the path. Not much you can say to them. Someone will always be jealous of the nice things you worked hard for. Spend your hard earned dollars as you see fit and enjoy.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Ignore the barking dogs on the path. Not much you can say to them. Someone will always be jealous of the nice things you worked hard for. Spend your hard earned dollars as you see fit and enjoy.

Yeah for me I can ignore a lot with little to no effort, kind of like when we go out to eat i can enjoy a meal in complete silence, drives my wife batty lol.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    We were at the range this week end and you have to check in, no carry so I had my Dan wesson out of the holster and cleared on the counter. I guess the guy behind us asked about it. I did not know. My wife let me know he was asking about it , before I could respond my wife said he said something to the effect of people carrying a High Dollar 1911 think they are better than anyone else. Me being me I signed back to him i like it a lot and I worked for over 3 years to buy it.

Me personally would have asked to see it. I always admire people’s toys I cannot afford.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Most indoor ranges I’ve been to drag out the LCD once every year shooters, the LCD I bought it cuz it’s cheep, or JAGA crowd. I’m almost neurotically afraid of indoor ranges.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana

I suspect that the guy mouthing off/doing the complaining was not really a “gun person.” If he had been, he more than likely would have complimented you on your excellent choice in firearms instead of making a snide remark.

I shoot a rather high dollar competition skeet gun (Krieghoff). I once had an acquaintance ask about the cost of the gun. When I told him the price of the gun he scoffed at the cost. I responded by asking him about the bass boat I knew he owned. The one that cost more than my shotgun, that sits in his driveway 90% of the time, and is worth far less than what he paid for it on the showroom floor a few years ago. I explained my shotgun was used multiple times each week, had actually enabled me to partly pay for the enjoyment of competing in shooting events through prize money, AND the current market value was as much or more than what I had paid for it several years ago.

People who run their mouths demonstrate their ignorance, prejudice, and most likely their envy. There will always be those who feel compelled to belittle and demean. Consider the source and be happy you’re hopefully, not often subjected to endure even minimal contact with them.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    There's a Yeager Humper in every crowd. Even here. :(

He's just mad at himself for not being man enough to own a real gun.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    The flipping me off part would have changed my response pretty fast.
    I was thinking that my response to him in sign language should have been his clue ( if I can't see you i have no idea your talking to me)

You get used to people after a while. Just sucks when people want to make rude jestures, just because people are different.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Meh. I have gotten used to the gesture. I usually just smile or laugh at it.

I should considering the dip:poop: that use it so casually these days.

Where I grew up, if you used it you better be ready to back it up. Unless you flipped off a girl and even then you were very likely to get at least slapped.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I didn't know you were deaf. Is it possible he didn't realize you were signing? And maybe he thought it was some fancy, multi-gesture insult? :D

But seriously, too bad some people can't help but be jerks.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think its silly to pay that much for a pistol. Or some of those shotguns in the 5 figure range. I also think that diamonds and expensive jewelry are a waste as decorations/status symbols.

But you know what? I also think that everyone should have the right to spend their money the way they see fit, even if I think its wasteful.

That guy was a jackwagon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think its silly to pay that much for a pistol. Or some of those shotguns in the 5 figure range. I also think that diamonds and expensive jewelry are a waste as decorations/status symbols.

But you know what? I also think that everyone should have the right to spend their money the way they see fit, even if I think its wasteful.

That guy was a jackwagon.

Then you would really be hating on most of my 1911's.........:):

Top Bottom