• Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Oh, I do like that.

And I thought muscle cars were an expensive hobby. I can only imagine what this one cost. I have zero idea how to fly this, but it would be cool to have. My business is right next door to the Air Guard base here in town. I am sure I could park in under the shed with the A-10's, I doubt they would care.

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/29254469/1944-north-american-b-25-mitchell

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    AMRAAM (AIM 120)

F22, F35, F15...and absolutely EVERYTHING can out turn it. It's the only airplane that made the Tomcat look nimble. I had a friend who was BFMing one off the coast of Libya in an F14 and he was able to eat its lunch. Go fast in a straight line though...yeah, it can do that.

Fun fact, the Soviets copied the intakes from the F4, right down to the number of holes they drilled in it. They probably didn't know what it was for but they did it anyway.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    When I was in the Marine Corps. my squadron flew F4J's.
    They were affectionately refferred to as, "Sky-Pigs" around our base.
    VERY fast, but no guns! Only missiles, rockets, and bombs.

The only dogfighting the F4's could do were with Sidewinders or those little "Zoonie" rockets.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Oh, I do like that.

And I thought muscle cars were an expensive hobby. I can only imagine what this one cost. I have zero idea how to fly this, but it would be cool to have. My business is right next door to the Air Guard base here in town. I am sure I could park in under the shed with the A-10's, I doubt they would care.

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/29254469/1944-north-american-b-25-mitchell

I'd totally take you down with mine!
    https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/29599859/1959-messerschmitt-me-109

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/29751253/lockheed-f104g-starfighter

This looks like a fun project. Too bad there are no logs for the engine. I worked on J79-15s and -17s in Okinawa. They were a type of engine that would make or break a mechanic.

img.axd

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Below 10000 you are limited to 250 knots, above 18000 you had better be on an IFR plan, so that gives you a little room to play.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    F22, F35, F15...and absolutely EVERYTHING can out turn it. It's the only airplane that made the Tomcat look nimble. I had a friend who was BFMing one off the coast of Libya in an F14 and he was able to eat its lunch. Go fast in a straight line though...yeah, it can do that.

Fun fact, the Soviets copied the intakes from the F4, right down to the number of holes they drilled in it. They probably didn't know what it was for but they did it anyway.

They also copied the brakes from the F-4 along with some other hydraulic system parts.

Top Bottom