• cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    NIMBY?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/f...I7NYnW7qRDBPV4udkvCXuCDXgmvqQjP-KzUWWq87EceBQ

When it interferes with property values and quality of life. Hmm. Maybe a fence or a wall would help?

And then there's this:
    Even the homeless woman at the Frederick camp says the city's housing plans aren't a viable long-term solution. "I'm not going to rub my tummy and jump through hoops just to live inside," she says, "I shouldn't have to go through that much of an act just to get housing. People should be allowed to live how they want."

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    NIMBY?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/f...I7NYnW7qRDBPV4udkvCXuCDXgmvqQjP-KzUWWq87EceBQ

When it interferes with property values and quality of life. Hmm. Maybe a fence or a wall would help?

And then there's this: Even the homeless woman at the Frederick camp says the city's housing plans aren't a viable long-term solution. "I'm not going to rub my tummy and jump through hoops just to live inside," she says, "I shouldn't have to go through that much of an act just to get housing. People should be allowed to live how they want."

by her logic, i'll take a cliff top mansion with batcave please...I'll even rub my tummy and pat my head for you.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Curious to see if they will get up to that 100K dollars per homeless person like the northwest cities. The homeless/industrial complex.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    Wait until they find out what a buyer is willing to pay for those houses with the street folk living next door verses what they have been paying taxes on is a lot lower.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Now just wait a minute here! California liberals being described as not just inconsistent humanitarians, but maybe even hypocritical???

NO

FREAKIN'

WAY

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it is kind of funny how their lofty ideals seem to evaporate when faced with the reality of homeless populations next door--literally. NIMBY indeed.

Yet more proof, as if any more was even needed, that bleeding-heart liberalism is a serious mental disease, and should IMHO require treatment as per any other serious mental disorder.

And that does raise a semi-serious question: When logic, facts, and reality have pretty much zero impact on liberalism, exactly how would/could/should trained professionals treat it???

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now just wait a minute here! California liberals being described as not just inconsistent humanitarians, but maybe even hypocritical???

NO

FREAKIN'

WAY

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it is kind of funny how their lofty ideals seem to evaporate when faced with the reality of homeless populations next door--literally. NIMBY indeed.

Yet more proof, as if any more was even needed, that bleeding-heart liberalism is a serious mental disease, and should IMHO require treatment as per any other serious mental disorder.

And that does raise a semi-serious question: When logic, facts, and reality have pretty much zero impact on liberalism, exactly how would/could/should trained professionals treat it???

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
    And the white knight is talking backwards
    And the red queen's off with her head
    Remember what the dormouse said
    Feed your head, feed your head." -- Grace Slick ;)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NIMBY?

And then there's this:
    Even the homeless woman at the Frederick camp says the city's housing plans aren't a viable long-term solution. "I'm not going to rub my tummy and jump through hoops just to live inside," she says, "I shouldn't have to go through that much of an act just to get housing. People should be allowed to live how they want."

Within reason, yes.
    Live on the streets, pooping, blocking people... no.
    And if you demand shelter or food... no.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    For what it's worth the homeless in Chicago have tent villages along the expressways on/off ramps you can see as you go along 90/94.

Top Bottom