• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Okay, maybe not that great, but the most we've had so far... :): Just went out with the leafblower to clear a path for the dogs off the back deck. Looks like I'm going to be shoveling the driveway. Snow is so wet and heavy that the leafblower just isn't cutting it. It's times like this that I wish I had kids! My back is getting tired just thinking of it.

If you're going to be out shoveling, take it slow and easy and take lots of breaks. If you're fortunate enough to have a snowblower or a plow, then bite me. :p

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'll be heading out to tackle the shoveling within the hour, we've got some errands to run and need to drop the little ones off at their grandparents for a while. Much deserved break for the wife and I. I'll shovel what has fallen so far then go back out tonight and shovel again. I'd rather shovel 3" twice instead of 6" once, especially with how wet and heavy the snow is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    4WD truck. I might clear a path to the magic bus (3500 series Chev. conversion van) but that is about it for us. The van rolls out through any snow we have seen since owning it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    4WD truck. I might clear a path to the magic bus (3500 series Chev. conversion van) but that is about it for us. The van rolls out through any snow we have seen since owning it.

I pulled out my old beater Dodge 4x4 yesterday in case I needed to get out today, but DoggyMama has doctor appointments this week, so I've gotta get ours cleared. With the Colts playing today, I'll have all day tomorrow to shovel. Maybe the neighbor across the street will see me and take pity and bring their snowblower over. ;)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'll be heading out to tackle the shoveling within the hour, we've got some errands to run and need to drop the little ones off at their grandparents for a while. Much deserved break for the wife and I. I'll shovel what has fallen so far then go back out tonight and shovel again. I'd rather shovel 3" twice instead of 6" once, especially with how wet and heavy the snow is.

1. My thoughts exactly!
    2. I keep looking out the window to see if it will stop, and I'll rush out and shovel so it will be easier later in the day if it starts up again like they are saying.
    3. If it never stops, I'll let it pile up and maybe get out the snow blower in the shed. I started it up once last summer and a month ago, so hopefully it will work, but that is what starting fluid is for.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Just like indiucky said about an inch and a half in Clarksville..
    No need for a shovel, A broom & a little time..
    Bet the Kroger up the road from your shop is packed this morning..
    My Son works there & was off last night..

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    In north west indiana and got woke up at 8 by a snow plow truck. I looked outside in some wishful thinking we got a ton of snow. So far a dusting.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We were just under 3 inches here. Our driveway is now clear, have to go dig out Mom and Dad's in a little while.

snowpocalypse-3.jpg

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just like indiucky said about an inch and a half in Clarksville..
    No need for a shovel, A broom & a little time..
    Bet the Kroger up the road from your shop is packed this morning..
    My Son works there & was off last night..

I went to the Kroger by me about mid day yesterday and it was a complete zoo. I just went because there were some sale items I wanted to get that were only Friday, Saturday specials, but you'd have thought folks were preparing for the French Toast party of the decade.

Every check out line was open which was good, but all were at least 7 or 8 people deep.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    About 4" so far in southern Newton County. Just finished hooking up the plow on the truck and ran the snow blower down the sidewalk. Snow blower not very effective in the wet stuff. Still coming down pretty good.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Around 4 or 5 inches in martinsville, looks to have about stopped, radar looks like what's coming will be further north, guess it's time to start plowing! But, first a few beers, then getting the wood stove going. Go Colts!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Had to go out for a facility/safety team meeting at church this morning. Came home almost an hour ago and my 20yo boy says "yout back is going to hurt bad tonight after you shovel the driveway". I laughed and said naw, I'm just going to have a cold beer while you shovel the driveway. He got that angry deer in headlights look, but he is out there shoveling it now. Albeit he is probably cussing me out under his breath lol.

Top Bottom