Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 24 of 165 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 124 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Rumors are swirling that they’re getting close to getting an extension done for Brissett.
    Don't practice until you do it right; practice until you can't do it wrong.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post
    I think Brissett will be just fine. If it were 2017 I would be concerned; but it's not. The team is better overall, and Brissett is better individually.

Regarding Kelly, I was more wondering if the Colts keep him, or if he becomes the odd man out. I don't see this roster keeping 3 QBs.

I'm fine with it. It is a reasonable contract for a solid, backup, veteran QB. The Colts can - and should - win the division with Brissett.
    But didn't Hoyer used to play for the Patriots? He's got cooties!!

(Then again, so did Vinatieri and I guess he's been okay... )

User Info Menu

Brissett gets two year extension. 30 million.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...036271618?s=21

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianPatriot View Post
    Brissett gets two year extension. 30 million.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...036271618?s=21

User Info Menu

Extending Brissett doesn't really make a lot of sense. Having just paid Hoyer to be a backup, they could have let Brissett play on the last year of his deal and really evaluate what they had with him. It will be a deep QB draft next year so if Brissett turns out not to be the guy you let him walk, draft a QB and let him sit a year behind Hoyer.

I think they we're due to get a third round pick too if the didn't resign Brissett next season. I guess they were hedging that he is the guy and they can get him for relatively cheap for at least the next two years, rather then him playing well this year and having to pay him much more on a new deal.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Extending Brissett doesn't really make a lot of sense. Having just paid Hoyer to be a backup, they could have let Brissett play on the last year of his deal and really evaluate what they had with him. It will be a deep QB draft next year so if Brissett turns out not to be the guy you let him walk, draft a QB and let him sit a year behind Hoyer.

I think they we're due to get a third round pick too if the didn't resign Brissett next season. I guess they were hedging that he is the guy and they can get him for relatively cheap for at least the next two years, rather then him playing well this year and having to pay him much more on a new deal.
    I think the latter is true. Pay him a medium wage now and avoid the big payday next year. See how he does and go from there.

User Info Menu

I iike JB. I thought he did a yeoman's job getting thrust into the job when Luck went out the first time. Now that he's had a couple of years to learn the system, I think he could do well.

User Info Menu

I still like the Colts chances for a successful season.
    It'll soon be time to sit back, watch and hope for the best.
    Hey, we get to "Monday Morning Quarterback" pretty soon.
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post

It makes a lot of sense, if the Colts believe in him, and the free agency and college prospects (available to the Colts) aren't all that promising. If Brissett has a Stellar year, then it will be a bargain.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    It makes a lot of sense, if the Colts believe in him, and the free agency and college prospects (available to the Colts) aren't all that promising. If Brissett has a Stellar year, then it will be a bargain.
    And the contract is mostly front loaded so no-harm, no-foul If Brissett wets the bed. Release him and move on without a hit to the cap space.

Page 24 of 165 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 124 ... LastLast