Everyone just LOVES the 2nd ammendment around here....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Well this isn’t a free for all forum. It has rules and decorum and we will close threads as we see fit. If that upsets you then you have the freedom to seek your entertainment elsewhere. What you do not have, on this privately owned board, is the freedom to do or say anything you want with impunity.

Deuce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I don't expect to do and say what I want with impunity...but I kind of thought I'd be allowed to post a thread asking a question with nothing vulgar whatsoever in it, a thread that everyone was getting along in, and that nothing unruly at all was said in. I'm not saying y'all need to do anything different, I was just stating an apparent fact.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Let's see, created a post about wanting to post in a closed thread and not being able to understand why it got closed, then that thread got hijacked by INGO and had to be closed. Sounds pretty normal. I don't know what thread you wanted to post in, but threads get closed for a number of reasons. I believe someone had posted in your thread that it had been moved to another area of the forum. People start threads in the wrong subforum all the time. It's like people can't understand why there are different subforums and why posting a thread asking handgun questions in the long guns subforum is kinda dumb. Mods go through and look for stuff like that and put it into the right place. Another thing that happens is that someone posts a topic that already exists somewhere else. If the thread gets lots of posts, it'll usually get merged into the other thread. If not, it just gets closed, usually with the mod posting it was a dupe. Then of course threads can get closed by general asshattery of all involved, or the topic is something not allowed. Most forums are this way and have to be or they become a free for all which isn't beneficial for anyone. INGO is a great place for information and to share your thoughts with other like minded individuals, but thick skin is generally needed ;)

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Im scratching my head why a thread regarding the shooting in Montgomery County was closed and then when another sprung up the moderator allowed it to get off track and become a farce. I will agree that being a mod is a thankless job but I think some mods lose perspective, let their power get to their heads, play favorites, and get too personally involved. If a mod is going to participate in a thread maybe they should let another mod do the moderating in it.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Im scratching my head why a thread regarding the shooting in Montgomery County was closed and then when another sprung up the moderator allowed it to get off track and become a farce. I will agree that being a mod is a thankless job but I think some mods lose perspective, let their power get to their heads, play favorites, and get too personally involved. If a mod is going to participate in a thread maybe they should let another mod do the moderating in it.

Call me Mr Obvious, but is it a smart idea to attack the very people that keep this forum running??

Don

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    :popcorn: looking at the times of the posts it could be a while before this one cranks up again.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I always enjoy the schoolgirl mentality when someone dares to go against the grain. OP has done nothing to become a "shooter" despite this group's best effort to bait him. Find something to do ladies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let me chime in here......I closed your thread. What you failed to see was yes, It was getting out of hand. Yes I trashed a series of posts. Then you open what some could call a butthurt thread because the staff took action to stop some silliness. See it as you will this is the second time you have done this. "Take the hint please"
    You have been here a few months with 48 posts so apparently you are not aware of how this works yet. Not even a site supporter and yet you question the site. You have "NO" rights here. VUPD outlined it pretty well. Your response is snarky and cutting. If you want to mix it up go elsewhere. If you continue to do this I will assist you in making this decision.

Give it a rest.We have enough issues with out you making anymore for us.

Be safe,

-CM-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom