• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    My youngest son just went back to Notre Dame with his 2009 Pontiac G6 GXP on Friday. I just received a text from him saying "my car sounds like it hurts to start up". I'm still investigating but does anyone have a good reputable auto repair shop in South Bend if I happen to need on? May be nothing but it wont hurt to have this info on hand since he's a freshman and has a few years left up there.

Thanks in advance.
    Tim

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Tony's Mobil on 933 north, just north of Roseland. Also Ricks 66 on 933 and Auten rd is another option.

Both of these are less than 5 minutes north of ND.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Thanks for the info. I can google and find shops, but who knows what you're getting without guys like you giving some feedback. I'm still evaluating if it's just the cold weather. I'll keep these names on hand.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    College and car repairs...I always thought that meant a Haynes manual and a tool box.
    That was what I did on my Mustang while at IU. But once I had to carry my power steering pump a mile or so to a machine shop to get something pressed off... that was a hike carrying that thing. Didnt seem heavy at first.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    He's a smart kid but he's played baseball, basketball and football since he was old enough to be on a team. I've taken care of the oil changes and not much else has been wrong with his car. I was pulling the powerglide out of my 57 Chevy and putting a 4 speed in at 16. No my GPA wasn't over 4 like his. Actually not sure it was even close to 4...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I didn’t know they repaired cars up here, I just see them abandoned on the side of the road until they are hit by a passing car(drunk driver)?

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Avenue Automotive in the River Park neighborhood of South Bend.
    I know the owner from him visiting my job. I know for a FACT he will fix a car right. Perhaps not the cheapest but he has a very loyal clientele.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Tony's Mobil on 933 north, just north of Roseland. Also Ricks 66 on 933 and Auten rd is another option.

Both of these are less than 5 minutes north of ND.

Tony's is great. Rick's is to, but they are a bit more expensive. I usually work on my own cars. When I don't I use Tony's. I have know them from back in the days that they were Potter's.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Avenue Automotive in the River Park neighborhood of South Bend.
    I know the owner from him visiting my job. I know for a FACT he will fix a car right. Perhaps not the cheapest but he has a very loyal clientele.

Ever seen him ride his unicycle? He's really good at it.

Top Bottom