Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Yeah, I guess it is my memory. I've seen guys hurt a number of times since the speed limit, but I don't think any have died or lost limbs.
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cbhausen View Post
    My dad was ready to win Talledega running for Penske when Grant Adcox rear ended him in the pits and a crewmember lost both legs. They were using the pit lane with puddles after a rain delay and Adcox hit one and lost it.

Canít say I like everything about how racing has evolved but some of it ensures more people are around longer to enjoy and participate.

Back when dad ran Indy for Menard those Lolas had tiny do-nothing brakes on them and there was no speed limit in the pit lane. Pitstops were downright hairy.
    Btw, if your Dad is Gary B, I was always a big fan of his. He was the epitome of my idea of a real racer. He hung it out in those Menard Buicks like nobody else. I used to sit where we could watch cars slide through the turns in practice and qualifying, and he always ran like it was lap 199. What a thrill he was to watch!
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

My dad was ready to win Talledega running for Penske when Grant Adcox rear ended him in the pits and a crewmember lost both legs. They were using the pit lane with puddles after a rain delay and Adcox hit one and lost it.

Canít say I like everything about how racing has evolved but some of it ensures more people are around longer to enjoy and participate.

Back when dad ran Indy for Menard those Lolas had tiny do-nothing brakes on them and there was no speed limit in the pit lane. Pitstops were downright hairy.
    I was standing in the lane 1st day of Qualy's and Vookie III came smoking past us backwards and gathered up Micheal A's car and bounced a couple of crew members. A miracle no one was seriously hurt.
    Dean hall came in hot during the race and ran over his right front sitting in wait for the stop. He straddled the wall and ran all the way through our pits into the pits past us. I had just got up off the wall.
    Anyone that thinks pit crew work is easy......
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    Btw, if your Dad is Gary B, I was always a big fan of his. He was the epitome of my idea of a real racer. He hung it out in those Menard Buicks like nobody else. I used to sit where we could watch cars slide through the turns in practice and qualifying, and he always ran like it was lap 199. What a thrill he was to watch!
    Guilty as charged and thanks.
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land; Snob, Forum Settings

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    He was a hoot to work for as well......
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Damn i hate Johnson! He screwed up big time and cost pretty much the whole field

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    Damn i hate Johnson! He screwed up big time and cost pretty much the whole field
    That was a mess, but at those speeds it doesn't take much of a bobble by Johnson or Menard to cause a big mess. Sounds like Jimmie misjudged though.

User Info Menu

So much for this race, BTW...

The no smoking in the pits rule at Indy had exclusions if you were within a 10-foot radius of Mike Devin, Tom Binford, or my dad. He even had Penske put a cigarette lighter in the AMC Matador after he caught David Pearson smoking on a yellow at Daytona.

607A3C7A-9343-43B3-B2A5-4DE117C0150A.jpg
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land; Snob, Forum Settings

User Info Menu

Dang... only 3 cars were NOT involved in that wreck.

User Info Menu

So much for this race, BTW...

The no smoking in the pits rule at Indy had exclusions if you were within a 10-foot radius of Mike Devin, Tom Binford, or my dad. He even had Penske put a cigarette lighter in the AMC Matador after he caught David Pearson smoking on a yellow at Daytona.
    Now THAT is funny!

"We're gonna take right sides only and a splash of fuel. Oh and I'm outta smokes. Somebody get me a pack!"

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast