• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have tried to meet some gun show vendors.
    Hey, I am expat on INGO.
    OKay....
    Pretty well ends there...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    There was an epic thread probably 6-8 years ago concerning this kinda. Seems an INGOer in Evansville saw another INGOer, identified by his INGO hat, and walked up to introduce himself. The dude got irate at being "outed" or some such.

When meeting for a sale or trade, there is always that hesitation at the meet of "is that the guy I am meeting?". I actually went to meet someone at a gas station for a sale. Had his make, model and color of car and a set time. I show up , see a lone dude sitting in the expected silver Honda minivan and approach. He jumps out and says something like "are you the guy I'm meeting for the sale?" Good so far, then he pulls out a set of Harley Davidson belt buckles. Wrong guy. We laughed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There was an epic thread probably 6-8 years ago concerning this kinda. Seems an INGOer in Evansville saw another INGOer, identified by his INGO hat, and walked up to introduce himself. The dude got irate at being "outed" or some such.

When meeting for a sale or trade, there is always that hesitation at the meet of "is that the guy I am meeting?". I actually went to meet someone at a gas station for a sale. Had his make, model and color of car and a set time. I show up , see a lone dude sitting in the expected silver Honda minivan and approach. He jumps out and says something like "are you the guy I'm meeting for the sale?" Good so far, then he pulls out a set of Harley Davidson belt buckles. Wrong guy. We laughed.
    LOL
    I've went to an ingo sale meetup and there was 2 other ingo members in the lot doing their own deal. Had that happen a couple times

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Anyone ever randomly meet an INGO member and then don't introduce yourself because you aren't 100% sure they are who you think they are?

In conversations (I mean in situations other than meet-n-greets) where it's come up like: [find out some person is a gun person] "Oh, do you post on INGO?"...I've had that go a couple of ways. A few times...eh...not-so-positive and a few times kind of like "yeah, I have an account there but I never post".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...When meeting for a sale or trade, there is always that hesitation at the meet of "is that the guy I am meeting?". I actually went to meet someone at a gas station for a sale. Had his make, model and color of car and a set time. I show up , see a lone dude sitting in the expected silver Honda minivan and approach. He jumps out and says something like "are you the guy I'm meeting for the sale?" Good so far, then he pulls out a set of Harley Davidson belt buckles. Wrong guy. We laughed.

LOL
    I've went to an ingo sale meetup and there was 2 other ingo members in the lot doing their own deal. Had that happen a couple times

It's very interesting what you run into while trading stuff. I've ran into lots of other INGOers, often the next guy for the next thing.

Not long ago, swapping with an INGOer, a guy came hobbling up on a prostatic leg. Retired motorcycle LEO/military gun guy, we all talked for an hour. Wished I'd have gotten the gents name afterward.

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    It's easy if he meets you but he has to figure out which one I am.

Had that happen. It was funny. Pull up to sell a gun, car matches description, park next to it and another guy walls up from inside. We chat it up, he checks out the gun and buys it. Meanwhile, the guy next to me moves. I drive around to find the guy dealing with my realtor. My realtor trxrs me and asks what gun I was selling and told me that the guy next to me told him there was an illegal arms deal going. Lol

Top Bottom