• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/14-year-old-airsoft-gun-shot-dead-tempe-arizona-police-n959691

A 14-year-old boy holding an airsoft gun was fatally shot by a Tempe, Arizona, police officer on Tuesday.

Officers responding to a call about a suspicious vehicle discovered a person "who was in the process of burglarizing the vehicle" just after 2:30 p.m. MST (4:30 p.m. ET) Tuesday, according to a statement from the Tempe Police Department.

As officers approached, the suspect ran away holding what they thought was a handgun, the statement said. An officer raced after the suspect giving "verbal commands," and during the chase "perceived a threat" and fired his weapon, hitting the teen. They did not specify how many shots were fired.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wasn't there a similar story in the Cleveland area a few years back?

No, the other kid wasn't committing a crime. He was just being dumb, and was shot because he reached for his waistband attempting to pull out the gun (airsoft), when officers made a less than tactful approach.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Apr 1, 2011
    OMG! :runaway:

Those fascist cops murdered another innocent, unarmed [STRIKE]black[/STRIKE] mexican boy. Just a child. When is this onslaught of racist behavior going to stop. :crying:

Oh and I love these quotes -

Gonzalez, 18, said his brother loved to work out and play football. "He was very smart and had a good heart," Gonzalez added.

The man whose vehicle was broken into told NBC affiliate KPNX that the pellet gun the boy was holding was his and that he "didn't deserve to die because of something he took from me."

Same old excuses.-
    He was a good boy...
    He shouldn't have been shot over a fake gun he had stolen....

That's like saying Michael Brown was murdered over stealing cigars. :lmfao:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No, the other kid wasn't committing a crime. He was just being dumb, and was shot because he reached for his waistband attempting to pull out the gun (airsoft), when officers made a less than tactful approach.

Jumping their Impala over the curb onto the grass between a gazebo and a picnic table and going all T.J. Hooker isn't "tactful"?

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Sad outcome but sad choices were made. Where was mother/father super vision/parenting?

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

You mean screaming up in the car like Starsky and Hutch with their balls on fire is not tactful?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OMG! :runaway:

Those fascist cops murdered another innocent, unarmed [STRIKE]black[/STRIKE] mexican boy. Just a child. When is this onslaught of racist behavior going to stop. :crying:

Oh and I love these quotes -

Same old excuses.-
    He was a good boy...
    He shouldn't have been shot over a fake gun he had stolen....

That's like saying Michael Brown was murdered over stealing cigars. :lmfao:

It's never, "Man, that guy could break into ANYTHING! He'd steal anything not nailed down. He'd be in and out with the stereo and have it pawned before you heard the alarm! But I told him to get a real gun..."

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Without knowing all the various laws, protocols etc and just looking at the poorish video I'm guessing it's not going to be considered a clean shoot. I am impressed that he scored a hit from that apparent distance on a moving target. The kid appears to be a considerable distance off, moving away from the cop, hands and arms in running posture, didn't turn to the cop at any time. Shooting appeared to be a way to stop a fleeing suspect. Maybe that's legal?:dunno:

I'm glad somebody else gets to make those decisions with ALL of the available evidence.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'll just say if that was a self-defender deciding to use lethal force in that scenario it likely wouldn't end well for them.

Top Bottom