• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    SGT. Will Gardner tells the story of Will (Max Martini), an Iraq War veteran who suffers from a traumatic brain injury (TBI) sustained in combat that is making it difficult for him to reintegrate into society. His PTSD causes frequent flashbacks to the Iraq War which he survives with the help of Sam (Omari Hardwick), his best friend and war buddy. A series of setbacks motivates him to embark on a spirited motorcycle journey across America with the hopes of reuniting with his son and to begin a healing process that will help him pick up the pieces of a life he lost after serving his country. Also stars Lily Rabe, Elisabeth Rohm, Dermot Mulroney, Robert Patrick and Gary Sinise.(Music: On My Highway by Jason Aldean)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJZ535DOhY&feature=youtu.be

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Looks like a good movie. Might be a little hard for some of us to watch but I am glad the PTSD story is being told. :yesway:

Here is a direct link to the preview:

[video=youtube;6cJZ535DOhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJZ535DOhY&feature=youtu.be [/video]

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    This story is so important to be told. I have a good friend that was a military lifer until his last trip to the sandbox. His vehicle was hit by an IED and he suffered a brain injury. Almost unfortunate that there were no outside physical injuries as brain injuries are usually ignored.

At first when he got home he seemed ok. The same friendliness, yet he was just a bit off. His wife told me he was seeing doctors at the VA hospital, but they didn't seem to care, or refused to believe that a closed head injury could be so devastating. It was. After a while he left home and integrated into the "homeless community". Slowly he stopped recognizing friends to the point that he only acknowledged his family. Attempts to get him to the VA were really difficult. Between his distrust of the government and the ineptitude of the hospital, he continued to drift.

Sometime after the current president took over, the VA changed. Trump said he was going to reform it, and of course if the news media perceived a Trump success, it wasn't newsworthy. It took some work but my friend's wife finally got him into the hospital, and with proper medication he is slowly returning to something between his old self and the recluse he had become.

I don't know if he will ever leave the hospital, but if more people can see what some of our true heroes are going through, maybe the VA can be made even better. And maybe brain injuries will too be taken more seriously.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The VA has a TBI clinic at the regional centers they take TBI very seriously in my experience. The clinics have neurologist on staff that are trained in TBI from the best sources available. The VA is really the leader worldwide in the treatment of TBI.
    I have experienced nothing but great care from the VA.

https://www.polytrauma.va.gov/system-of-care/care-facilities/index.asp

If you know of a homeless veteran please have them contact the VA ASAP!
    The VA has programs available to help them and get them off the street quickly.
    https://www.benefits.va.gov/persona/veteran-homeless.asp

Top Bottom