• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So the wife and kids decided to go sledding today. So we went to Garfield Park. Found a cool hill.

First run, awesome. Lots of ice under the snow and it was FAST! :rockwoot:

Third run on the saucer sitting indian style, I found a rock the hard way with my right butt cheek... It was about the size of a grapefruit and sticking about halfway out. I hit it so hard I broke it loose from the frozen ground. Painful, but not so much I couldnt push through it and continue to have fun.

Two runs later I got on the back of the 2 man long sled behind the wife. We get airborne and land unusually hard. I had to roll off the sled prematurely to stop the pummeling of my ass and the excruciating pain from the other misc bumps on the ground during the run out to the stop. Wife was pretty unsympathetic because she didnt feel any pain. :rolleyes: At first I chalked it up to the fact that she has a bit more padding than I do down there. Then as we are walking back up the hill I see it. A 3" diameter stump that is sticking up about an inch above the ground; high enough to be of consequence, but low enough for a mower blade to miss. And as I kicked it, it was obvious it was frozen solid. (unlike the ground around it we tore up on impact.) Apparently she landed just past the stump, but I caught it squarely.

So here I sit, 10 hours later still sore and finding it difficult to move in certain directions. Also thanking God that my business trip tomorrow was cancelled. I was supposed to go to a field office and install equipment. And part of the install requires frequent trips up and down stairs/ladders which are challenging at the moment.

Will be glad when this stops hurting. If you've never bruised that area, trust me; you have absolutely NO idea how often you use those muscles.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I've had the issue in the past and it is generally a LONG time healing. Not sure why but several months to completely heal is not uncommon.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've had the issue in the past and it is generally a LONG time healing. Not sure why but several months to completely heal is not uncommon.

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&] / RSO[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][COLOR=darkorange][FONT=&]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="]
    [/FONT][FONT=&]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][COLOR=firebrick][FONT="]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="]
    [/FONT][FONT=&]Aron Bright[/FONT]

If you truly break that bone it is a tough heal up. Dirt bike crash. Landed square on my tail bone. To this day I still feel that one.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Sorry for your pain. Never have used Garfield Park for sledding but back in the day I lived at Rhodious Park on S. Belmont. Semi inner tube and some Armor all made for a very fast ride.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

:+1:

I'm not going to laugh. Well maybe a little. :D

You could try sitting on some uncoiled rice.

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    I have been dealing with tail bone issues for many years. Don't really know what started the problems, just that it pops up every so often. Sometimes it seems that certain chairs aggravate the problem, sometimes I do it to myself. We were white water rafting near Glacier National Park a few years ago. Guide mentioned a 40' cliff we could jump off of into the river. Wife looks at me and says "you're not going to do that!" Ok, challenge accepted. Up I Went. Looked a lot higher up there than from the river. Jumped and felt immediate pain in my tail bone. Could hardly sit for the next few days. Lesson learned the hard way.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah it’s tough when that bone is your butt hurts. I recommend taking a deep breath and trying to relax a bit.

Top Bottom