• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I know there are some fitness/runners here. I’m wanting to get a better pair of wireless headphones. Mine are wore out, and just need to be replaced.

I want a pair that has good sound. I row and bike a lot, and wanting to start running again. So they have to stay in my ears, I don’t want to have to fight with them.

I don’t have the best luck with earbuds, they will not stay in my ears. But I wonder if the reason for that is because I have only used the cheap ones.

I’m not against headphones, but I have read they can fall off while moving a lot. And make your head hotter while you sweat.

So. What are you guys using?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I prefer trailing edge technology and use a cheap ($25 I think) Dudios pair that have a wire between them, and a controller. The backs are magnetic, so they stick together when I'm not using them, which is kinda neat.

I've used REALLY cheap, and these are way better. I've also used really expensive, and can't justify the cost.

But, I don't really exercise in them like you describe. It may be worth paying the premium.

These fit snugly, and for walking around/mowing the lawn, they are fine. Good sound, good mic, good BT responsiveness overall.

YMMV

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Anker is good stuff for the cheaper end of the market. These are not as good of sound quality as you will get from something that covers your ears, but they will stay on during everything you do. I listen mostly to audiobooks and podcasts, so I'm not going to gain much from spending more.

Anker SoundBuds Curve Wireless Headphones, Bluetooth 4.1 Sports Earphones with Nano Coating, 14 Hour Battery, CVC Noise Cancellation, Workout Headset with Built-in Mic and Carry Pouch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721MP41Q

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Ear buds are bad for awareness... I'd recommend neckband speakers.

I have the LG Tone 820S headphones/speaker combo.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I may need to try those Anker. I like my Yurbuds but they have cords + looks like they got bought out by JBL.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I stay wired. Less gadgets to charge and don't have to worry about audio compression.

Good experiences with Shure earphones.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I use Trekz Titanium headphones.

They are bone conducting headphones that use your jaw bone to send vibrations to your ears. I tried them out once, then plugged my ears, and it even sounded better. I love them.
    I always had a problem with ear buds staying in my ears, so I gave these a shot. Seriously, find someone who has them and try them out. They are great!

https://aftershokz.com/products/trekz-titanium

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I stay wired. Less gadgets to charge and don't have to worry about audio compression.

Good experiences with Shure earphones.

I use wired Yurbuds right now but am wanting to leave the phone at home & run with the Gear Fit2 Pro providing the tunes. I'll need to switch to a BT device.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I use Trekz Titanium headphones.

They are bone conducting headphones that use your jaw bone to send vibrations to your ears. I tried them out once, then plugged my ears, and it even sounded better. I love them.
    I always had a problem with ear buds staying in my ears, so I gave these a shot. Seriously, find someone who has them and try them out. They are great!

https://aftershokz.com/products/trekz-titanium

Now that’s interesting. I was reading about the Plantronics that was mentioned above. And I liked the fact they don’t necessarily go inside the ear. But these are neat.

If you’re in a loud environment, can you still hear the music? Maybe when operating a tractor, is it difficult to hear your music?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Now that’s interesting. I was reading about the Plantronics that was mentioned above. And I liked the fact they don’t necessarily go inside the ear. But these are neat.

If you’re in a loud environment, can you still hear the music? Maybe when operating a tractor, is it difficult to hear your music?

I've never had an issue hearing them even in louder environments. Funny thing is when I bought them, there was a little set of foam ear plugs in the box. I guess this is their idea of "Noise cancelling". If you are going to be in a super loud environment, you can put in ear plugs and the sound is crystal clear.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I love my AirPods. They sound great, hold a charge well, turn on automatically, can use one at a time if you want, just overall been extremely pleased with them. But my favorite is that I no longer have to carry my phone with me as I can download music to my Apple Watch and stream from there.

i do feel that sometimes i have to reset the Bluetooth more then I want, and they don’t always realize they are in your ear, but I don’t think I would ever go back to anything else

i did have a set of BlueAnts pump... they looped over the ear and sounded pretty good. And only costed me round 40.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Ear buds are bad for awareness... I'd recommend neckband speakers.

I have the LG Tone 820S headphones/speaker combo.

INGO member out exercising!
    ehbqdx.jpg

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-C...ocphy=9016311&hvtargid=pla-492780560341&psc=1

From a sounds whore, I like sennheieser's headphones, but I've never used their earbuds. To me, a bit pricey for earbuds honestly. For my out and about listening, I use the skull candy buds that are like $20 at walmart, the sound quality is decent, and at $20 if I ruin them I'm not out much.

Amazon has the cheapest price, but I've received some knockoffs that were supposed to be legit off of there. They're 103 at best buy.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    When I'm in the basement on the treadmill or rowing machine, I'm listening to music or watching TV/Youtube wearing a pair of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076HPB1HQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are only $30, VERY highly rated on Amazon, and have movie-theater sound (at least to my ears). I'm extremely happy with them. They were a game-changer for me because I always had a hard time hearing the TV over the noise of the treadmill, no matter how high I turned it up.

Anyway, they are only $30 and I love them.

Top Bottom