• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So i am wondering, aside from the Mouse, and others that I am sure that do an admirable job on the forum, what makes INGO tick?
    Is it gun owners in general that for the most part at least here appear to be active in postings and keeping things interesting?

I happen to belong to another forum, Goat Wisdom, that I would think would be just as active, however it is not.

So aside from the obvious efforts of the Mouse et al what drives INGO?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This site is far more socially oriented. I saw this from the 1st. People actually know and meet others on the forum. With the FTF thing comes a different fabric in the Ethernet.

Plus we all have guns so, there is that.....:):

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    So i am wondering, aside from the Mouse, and others that I am sure that do an admirable job on the forum, what makes INGO tick?
    Is it gun owners in general that for the most part at least here appear to be active in postings and keeping things interesting?

I happen to belong to another forum, Goat Wisdom, that I would think would be just as active, however it is not.

So aside from the obvious efforts of the Mouse et al what drives INGO?
    Goats drive us, we not them. Mouse doesn't like goats for some reason, ask him why. Could have been his childhood. He don't like unicorns either. Ask him why.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    This site is far more socially oriented. I saw this from the 1st. People actually know and meet others on the forum. With the FTF thing comes a different fabric in the Ethernet.

Plus we all have guns so, there is that.....:):

I did a FTF purchase of an item in the classifieds from a member that I've never met in person or had a conversation with beyond the discussion related to the item for sale. When it came time for the meet up, it was raining pretty hard. I pulled up, got out of my truck walked over to the passenger side of the seller's vehicle and waited for him to roll down the window. I heard the door unlock, so I got in. I shook the man's hand, we chatted for a few minutes, conducted our transaction, I shook the man's hand again and got out. That would NEVER happen on any other forum.

Plus I'm sure he had a pistol handy so, there is that.....:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did a FTF purchase of an item in the classifieds from a member that I've never met in person or had a conversation with beyond the discussion related to the item for sale. When it came time for the meet up, it was raining pretty hard. I pulled up, got out of my truck walked over to the passenger side of the seller's vehicle and waited for him to roll down the window. I heard the door unlock, so I got in. I shook the man's hand, we chatted for a few minutes, conducted our transaction, I shook the man's hand again and got out. That would NEVER happen on any other forum.

Plus I'm sure he had a pistol handy so, there is that.....:):

Most transactions and the phone contact leading to then are very chatty. Well.....there was that one guy.....:):

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Several members of INGO have made a huge impact on mine and my family’s life. My wife and I had difficulties starting our family, and felt that adoption was our path. And it’s unfortunate that it’s very expensive, and we aren’t rich. I was lucky enough to get permission to sell my woodturnings on this site. Mainly pens. I sold several. Some guys even gave me a lot more than what I was asking.
    My wife and I even had a garage sale to raise money. A member, who I have never met before, stopped by my house and dropped off a truck load of items. Items he could have sold and made a nice profit.

After we adopted our son, a few members got together and sent my son a check. A very large check.

And for us, it not just about the money. The texts, the pm’s, prayers....this site, this community, helped us when we really needed it.

I love it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    This is truly a great community. Ive met quite a few members by selling, trading and buying. Have met several more by working on their vehicles. Have met even more thru the annual INGO youth shoot thats put on up here in NWI. Keep in touch with more than few. Some i would definitely call friends. All in all a great group of people. Sure, heads butt from time to time, but that also adds to experience in my opinion!

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I've only met a couple of members so far (one being the great and wonderful Mouse), but it does feel like a family atmosphere at times in here. I truly look forward to get on the site and see what everyone's up to. So, that's what keeps me coming back time and time again. That, and waiting on Mouse to buy us all cheeseburgers. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom