• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    She works at(for now) the CVS in Mars Hill. Apparently at 0330 Saturday morning 3 guys robbed the front store and the pharmacy at gun point. They bound the pharmacist's wrists and ankles then cleared out all of the safes including all of the promethazine.

The interesting thing is my wife took a call on Friday afternoon from someone trying to call in a script for their patient. She sniffed out the call almost right away but decided to play along. She asked what the quantity would be for the promethazine and the answer was "one pint"... lol. She apologized and said that they had less than 30ml but that they were expecting a delivery later on so if they would leave their number she could give them a call back when it shows up. The phone call went dead immediately.

This CVS gets robbed pretty violently about every two to three years yet CVS does nothing beyond approve a few more rent a cop hours for a few weeks. It's frustrating that they don't even ask IMPD to park squad cars there overnight to make anyone second guess robbing it. The smart thing would be to take away the 24 hour status of that store considering the business doesn't even justify it.

Considering that my wife is 5 months pregnant I would probably go all Law Abiding Citizen if something were to happen to her during one of these robberies.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    She works at(for now) the CVS in Mars Hill. Apparently at 0330 Saturday morning 3 guys robbed the front store and the pharmacy at gun point. They bound the pharmacist's wrists and ankles then cleared out all of the safes including all of the promethazine.

The interesting thing is my wife took a call on Friday afternoon from someone trying to call in a script for their patient. She sniffed out the call almost right away but decided to play along. She asked what the quantity would be for the promethazine and the answer was "one pint"... lol. She apologized and said that they had less than 30ml but that they were expecting a delivery later on so if they would leave their number she could give them a call back when it shows up. The phone call went dead immediately.

This CVS gets robbed pretty violently about every two to three years yet CVS does nothing beyond approve a few more rent a cop hours for a few weeks. It's frustrating that they don't even ask IMPD to park squad cars there overnight to make anyone second guess robbing it. The smart thing would be to take away the 24 hour status of that store considering the business doesn't even justify it.

Considering that my wife is 5 months pregnant I would probably go all Law Abiding Citizen if something were to happen to her during one of these robberies.

I am sorry this happened to her, but thankful that the robbers were satisfied without inflicting any worse injury on their victims.

I drive past that CVS every day on the drive home, and recognize the neighborhood for what it is, not affluent, with many working hard to make a go of it, and its sub-strata of society ready to feed of those working/running a business/trying to make it better. Many of the folks there are very nice, and just want to go to work, enjoy their time off, and do their drinking or smoking without getting in anyone else's way. Unfortunately, there are enough who don't believe in the live and let live manner of interacting with one's neighbors.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    That sucks, glad no one was seriously hurt.

I hope she learned a lesson from this. Never disclose quantity of drugs, especially controls or frequently abused drugs on hand or delivery dates. This should be SOP for for any retail pharmacy.

Jt22453

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    Greenwood
    Crazy, but you hear about pharmacies being robbed all the time. Glad no one was hurt and hope they catch the guys who did it. I thought most pharmacies closed at normal business hours even if the store stays open. The CVS near me has the metal doors that come down over the counters when it is closed. I woukd imagine they don’t do enough business to justify staying open 24 hours. Has to be a way to to prevent more of the same

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Back in my college days, I worked for a Hooks Drugs, and one of the pharmacists always had a .357 mag. revolver in a shoulder holster under his green suit jacket.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    My wife was a CVS pharmacist for about 15 years. She was robbed at gunpoint in West Lafayette back about 18-19 years ago.

She heard about a CVS being robbed, guys came in through the drive-up window.

Anyway, CVS policy seems to be focused on giving the criminals what they want without hesitation and getting them out of the store and then letting law enforcement handle it. The alternative being having some sort of gun battle in the pharmacy and endangering customers and employees more. I understand the policy, sorta, but my criticism was always that with that approach they weren't doing enough to help the police apprehend suspects. You can have effective passive deterrents like cameras, but their surveillance systems are so inadequate as to make one think that they have ZERO interest in helping law enforcement find these criminals. They had maybe 2 super low quality video feeds around the pharmacy over here. Not a security expert, but again, we always felt more could be done.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I thought CVS installed time delay safes a couple of years ago and that is what stopped the pharmacy robbery gangs. I guess I'm wrong.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    my sis works at a cvs here in eville on 3rd shift (open 24/7) and got robbed over a year ago, three fine upstanding yuts (my cousin vinny) came in a decided to rob the place, one went for the pharmacist, and not really sure about the other two, but one employee ended up with a hurt shoulder, my sis ended up with a concussion, and the pharmacist ended kicking the third's a$$!.

so two of the "fuy's" (fine upstanding yuts) ended up running out the front door, while yut #3 was still fighting with "rocky the pharmacist", the cops showed up and arrested yut#3 that was over a year ago, yut#3 had just moved here from indy, had gang affiliations and it was suspected that the other 2 were "homies from indy", the trial was scheduled for last year, and was pushed back due to the Amanda Beckerly trial, so when yut#3's trial was supposed to start, suddenly he remembered the names of yut's 1&2, so trial was delayed.

it's not the first time sis has been robbed, and wont be the last, she's worked at cvs for over 20 years (on the floor not the pharmacy)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom