Problem with clothes dryer... what’s next?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am having horrible luck with appliances. Current issue is our Bosch dryer.

my wife dried a load of darks last night. She confirmed they were quite wet when she put them in and hit start. This morning I went to get the clothes out and they were FREEZING! The odd thing, is they were dry. To my knowledge this is a standard front-loading dryer that uses HEAT to dry clothes. Everything else seems to be working fine on the machine and except for one sock that was rolled into itself the clothes are perfectly dry. It wasn’t just the clothes either, the whole drum was still cold this morning.

there is a “low-temp” setting on the machine but my wife swears she did not hit that button last night. Any thoughts here? I’m willing to pay a diagnostic fee but would prefer the option to fix it myself if you can tell me how.

Thanks in advance. I attached a pic.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    OK, on the back of the unit, at the bottom left corner, there's a little black switch marked "Polar Vortex Mode". Straighten out a paper clip and stick the end into that hole (push until you feel a click, then hold it for at least 10 seconds) to enable that.
    When it's enabled, the green LED next to it will light up.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK, on the back of the unit, at the bottom left corner, there's a little black switch marked "Polar Vortex Mode". Straighten out a paper clip and stick the end into that hole (push until you feel a click, then hold it for at least 10 seconds) to enable that.
    When it's enabled, the green LED next to it will light up.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    It sounds like your exhaust vent flaps are stuck open because of lint, allowing outside air to come in when the dryer isn't running. Happens all the time.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It's running low on F's.

This was my thought, too. You might even have a deficit of Fs, which will show as a negative number.

Typically Fs are more connected to the washer (specifically the spin cycle) than the dryer, but I am sure you can figure it out.

You can increase the Fs on your own, but I suggest that you have your wife help you. This is definitely a situation where you do not want to call an appliance repair technician to come help. (Well, I guess I probably shouldn't pass judgment on who you choose to give you your Fs.)

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Dude, you might as well just put me on retainer. I’ll take care of all your wife’s... um... your homes (yeah, that’s the ticket) problems.:dunno:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Does sound like the outside vent is stuck open, or slightly open and let the polar vortex and high wind get inside your drier.

On the other hand, does it have that expensive "Freeze Dried" setting?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom